Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

dreadlockssite saved my dreads (new forum section announcement)

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts

i was inspired today by a new member who after 1 day here had more progress then she had in a year of working on her dreads constantly

we have saved alotta dreads from all sorts of disasters and i thiught it was about time we had a full forum section for the success stories of dreads saved from dissasters

so post your stories here

explain what consditions brought you here with dreads in need of saving and how successful you were in solving your pronblems and saving your dreads using the info help and support you found here

i know recovery from wax and crochet and mold and some other issues can take alotta time and effort so if your not fully recovered yet you can sghare that too as long as your sure your on the right path now

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

updated by @soaring-eagle: 02/14/15 07:55:02AM
Jeannie Pitt
@jeannie-pitt
14 years ago
23 posts

Well well...I do believe I might be the inspiration for this one, and yes, oh yes, I had more progress in one day than I had in an entire year after reaching this forum site today.

I had been trying to 'make dreads' which is the point that stood out most for me in my discussion with these wonderful people. Fortunately, I hadn't gone so far as to wax or use any type of product, but after a year of backcombing with no success, I was pretty desperate.

Most of the time when I searched for info, I came to dreadheadhq. Admittedly, I did buy some Lock Peppa about 2 months ago because nothing else was working. That didn't work either. I had read forums, watched videos on YouTube, blah blah blah. Kept at my hair for a time, left it alone for a time, washed it frequently, didn't wash it for a while. Nothing was working.

So I posted on this forum in the 'save my dreads' section.

Immediate responses from some really great and really helpful people. I took their advice and used a baking soda wash and then the apple cider vinegar. My hair immediately responded. I was absolutely amazed at the natural twisting and locking that my hair did after just one treatment. I mean really...

And then I learned how to put in beads, which may seem obvious to some of you, but wow! I've got beads in my hair now!

So thank you, thank you to you wonderful and kind people for having this place of truth! Bottom line that I learned today, don't try to MAKE dreads. Use baking soda and apple cider vinegar and leave 'em be.

PEACE!

Jeannie

Snuf
@snuf
14 years ago
9 posts

What about a link to the post where you got the help so if people find this post they don't have to look for the other?

(ex. I want to know more about the baking soda thing, cause i don't really think i understand what it is in my language :b(danish))

Back Ontopic :)

Well, my story isn't that long(yet) but i was dreaming about dreads and also searched the net and found this dreadheadhq and thought their commercial looked fine so I ordered the starter kit and while I was waiting for it to arrive I searched the net for more information about dreads. Luckily I found this page about NOT using wax, and even more lucky I got an e-mail about my order being so late(because it was out of stock) and if I wanted, I could get my money back. I got my money back and had mine made 5 days ago without wax :)

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts

theres so much info on the baking soda theres gotta be 5000 pages mentioning it use the search but in your country its probly called bicarbonate soda

--
Snuf
@snuf
14 years ago
9 posts

I maybe think I found out now, but it is because when i translate it to danish and back to english it is Baking powder, and I didn't understand what that should do in the dreads :)

BLK
@blk
14 years ago
6 posts

I had started my dreads with wax... two and a half months in I realised that my 'low maintenance' hair was actually costing me lots of time. I was looping the roots, palm rolling, obsessive about loose hairs.

The wax was Knotty Boy and it started to give me sick back zits. Also, I think the wax held in water because it took them forever to dry.

I washed the wax out several times with super hot water and baking soda. Suddenly my dreads became soft, natural flowing, not contained by the stiffness of wax accumulation. My scalp felt better, my back cleared up, and my loose guys started knotting themselves, slowly but surely.

I'm just about to hit the six month mark. I've adopted the 'no maintenance' motto, only ripping at the roots so they don't become monsters. My dreads are several sizes, shapes, loops and fuzzies.

Life is good on the natural side.

And then you're legit, not just wanna be natural.

Jeannie Pitt
@jeannie-pitt
14 years ago
23 posts

A link is actually a really good idea. We maybe should encourage people to link to the original post within their story post.

Sebastian, I can't actually figure out how to link to my original post. I tried to copy paste the url just now and no dice. Sry, but it's under the help save my dreads section, which I'm sure is filled with tons of valuable info. I know it only took one thread to solve my ignorance. :)

Sebastian Broholm said:

What about a link to the post where you got the help so if people find this post they don't have to look for the other?

(ex. I want to know more about the baking soda thing, cause i don't really think i understand what it is in my language :b(danish))

Back Ontopic :)

Well, my story isn't that long(yet) but i was dreaming about dreads and also searched the net and found this dreadheadhq and thought their commercial looked fine so I ordered the starter kit and while I was waiting for it to arrive I searched the net for more information about dreads. Luckily I found this page about NOT using wax, and even more lucky I got an e-mail about my order being so late(because it was out of stock) and if I wanted, I could get my money back. I got my money back and had mine made 5 days ago without wax :)

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts

the help save my dreads sections faitly new too

--
Brandon Novin
@brandon-novin
14 years ago
4 posts

so i checked out alot of info on the acv and baking soda, and im still unsure of it all. So your susposed to wash your hair with the baking soda and wrap it in a towl for 30 mins. wash and rinse with your soap and water(by the way iv been using the dread soap from dreadheadhq, is that good soap to use?) then your gona pour on and rub in the acv, diluted of corse, and let that sit for ahwhile, and then rinse that out. any of this righ? Also i have crazy bends in the dreads and loose hairs, are you not susposed to push the loose hairs in with a crochet needle? if not how do i get them into the dreads?

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts

nonono never crovchert dreads throw away the crochet hook and leave the bends and loops alone u need those they go away over time but thats your hair dreading leave em alone

and no

u mix the baking soda and water pour over your head no scrubbing no towel just soak 10 nmin is long enough then rinse that out pour on the acv diluted wait 3 min no scrubbing rinse no soap needed at all

and no dreadheadhq sucks its all chemical crap and will not get u very clean and causes dandruff

in fact if u wash with the dreadheadhq crap then imediately sdfter do the baking soda the rinse water will be brown to black thatds how much dirt is left after u use that dreadheadhq crap

--
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form