Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Salon Damage

the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

Found this picture on Google Images and wanted to share it with members going to, or thinking of going to a salon. It has been posted here before, but I wanted the newer members to see this.

Look at the hair loss.... Look how tight they are at the roots.... her twists are so tight that the hair has been pulled out by the roots. Roots should NEVER be tight to the scalp, every time the locks move it pulls on the hairs & roots. When you notice your roots are loose, don't worry, they need to be. When the gentle wind blows your dreads, you'll enjoy the dance your locks do as they won't be pulling at your scalp, you may even dance with them.

Do not get your dreads worked on, do not re-twist, let them grow and become a part of you.

The only maintenance required for healthy locks is to keep em clean and separate any joining locks. That's it, that's all you have to do. Guaranteed this photo will never happen to you.

Peace all

updated by @the-barrellady: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

Soaring Eagle & Baba Fats will help you get through any damage caused by a salon.

Jenn
@jenn
11 years ago
2 posts

Ouch!

jesse demato
@jesse-demato
11 years ago
23 posts
I smell a lawsuit..... these loctitions should lose their licenses
the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

I wonder how these ones at the sides hang on with all the weight of the bun. That would hurt like hell, look at the pulling.

Heather Barbee said:

I saw this the other day

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

yup and im surwe shes still going to the loctician and the loctician fills her head with nonsence like "oh look how tidy they look now"

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

ouch
Heather Barbee said:

I saw this the other day

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Tina Mother's Milk
@tina-mothers-milk
11 years ago
8 posts

My hair was originally done by a locktition but I recently got the courage to brush most of them out and re-dread them by tnr, no crochet.

As I brushed them out, I realized how many tight little knotts she made, I think with the crochet hook. They were so tight I couldn't loosen them at all. My mom tried for 2 hours and couldn't get one knots out. I had to tear the knots off. My hair also seemed brittle and lots of pieces fell off as I re-dreaded them, but I was able to keep most of the hair. I did loose a lot though. The hair at the roots was dreading, the hair inside the wraps were not at all, they were just knotted artificially.

WILL IT EVER REPAIR ITSELF OR AM I GOING TO HAVE SOME DREADS THAT ARE FRAGILE?

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form