Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

crazy locticians

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

so the other day a loctician was banned after saying that all natural dreads look like shit and look like they never wash their hair

after banning her shes been messaging me getting nastier and nastier

in 1 she said "all natural hair is beautiful you bastard" i pointed out that natural is defined as "uccurring naturaly in nature without the intervention of man" therefor theres nothing natural about salon dreads

she then went off saying i look like i havet bathd in years .blah blagh blah

which is funny since salons like hers recomend not washing fir a year but i recomend washing every 2-3 days from the very beginning

it just goes to prove how they love to use hame taqctics to get u in the door

"your dreds look gross let me fix them"

"you look like a cave man let me fix them"

etc etc

some genuinly are nice and when you tak to them they are capable of understanding simple logic and truth

but mkore seem to be slightly psycho

and go way off he deep end if you ever dare tell the truth

well this 1 seems to have finaly shut up when i made her realize shes ecomending not washing while i recomend washing so she really cant use her insults anymore

oh and she also said im trying to make it so only natural dreads are ok

but then in the next sentence said only cultivated dreads should be exceptable and nobody wants natural dreass anymore

how many of u have had locticians fly off the handle and become completely unstable when u disagreed with them?

seems to happen alot

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

updated by @soaring-eagle: 02/15/15 05:45:13AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

i was wrong about her shutting up shes foaming at the mouth screaming in all caps and raving like a lunatic

wow

..downright nasty

--
Star Gryphon
@star-gryphon
12 years ago
190 posts

They tend to tell me what I "need" to be doing...and then the next time they see me question why I haven't done it yet...

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

i was in the hospitol a few years ago..a nurse came in shes like wow ive never seen such beautiful dreads ..cause they are so real

then she goes on to tell me how she used to be a hairdresser then her salon wanted to train her to be a "loctician"

she told me no salon could ever do better then nature could and most didnt have a clue about proper dread care she said she quit fter a few months cause she couldnt stand the harm dshe was doing so she went back to school for nursing instead
now thats a loctician i can respect

weve had a few who gave up the harmful practices like crochet and they desserve alot of respect for that

but the average 1 uses shame and insults to get u in the door

but damn this ladies crazuy she wont stop emaik[ling ne being incredibly nasty and insulting

i do respond just with honnest truth but it seems to set her off more and more

now shes not even tryig its just a string of cursing and insults nothing more

im so glad she was banned

its the 1 that the other day said we all look like we never wash and stink

tge 1 who was defending interlocking

psycho

--
Kimberly Eve
@kimberly-eve
12 years ago
59 posts
I'm so sorry you're still having to deal with her afyer sje was banned :(. I'm still in the beginning, so I just look messy. Haha. No one has approached me about it tho.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

stay away from them or they will

1 member walked by a locticians shop

the lady fi]ollowede her to the beach then confronted her saying her dreads were a complete disaster and she should come imedietly to g=her shop so she could ficx them when she politely said no thanks she went off why would you want to go around looking like rhat huerry into my shop before anyone sees how bad you look

that kinda thing

i was at odunde ..the Ugandan new years celebration.. wall to wall dreads rastas africans dreads as far as you can see a sea of dreads

i had like 7 ppl around me talking to me about my dreads and how beautiful they are

when this girl walks up every "dread' a diferent color i think synthetic clip ons and she says wow yoiur dreads are a mess let me fix them up for you

the ppl around me turned to look at her then all cracked up laughing

i saw that girl over and over all day she had a chair setup to do hair but nobody at all sat there till a 6 or 7 year old kid let her braid her hair

i did see hundreds of the fliers she was handin out litering the ground all around tho

--
Mons
@mons
12 years ago
518 posts

I remember that one. What a trip.

I don't have any personal experience with locticians gettin all crazy. Only loctician I've men was the girl who back combed my hair. She was 17 at the time and very sweet. She did recommend wax and all that crap but I never did any of it. A couple months later she messaged me on Facebook asking if she could come take pics of my dreads for her portfolio. I told her that I'd gone natural after the back combing and they looked nothing like the last time she saw them. I told her to look at my pics on FB and take any of them she wanted...I never heard back from her.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

we have had a few members waxed against their wills even same with interlocking they told them specificly i dont want wax or interlocking andthey did it anyways

--
Sunflower
@sunflower
12 years ago
95 posts

My friends mom "makes dreads" by braiding the hair and after some months (around 7, and for the first 3 months no washing) she takes the braids apart, palm rolling and crocheting. 500 euros later you have dreadlocks. The entire time talking with her that what she does isn't making dreadlocks, just making people dread (get what I did?) their hair, she didn't appreciate it obviously!

Also was told by multiple people (all my friends at school and out of school who seem to know more than I do about dreadlocks even though they dont have any) that natural dreadlocks will never form, it will only look disgusting and like a caveman, but I dont necessarily have a problem with that. In any case 8 months on with natural and I'm not only proving people wrong, but also showing that natural tends to look prettier! some of mine are crazy curly, others crazy bumps and kinks, but in any case they look amazing and not like dense hair which looks like a turd :)

Sunflower
@sunflower
12 years ago
95 posts

And a really silly thing that I at first thought, was that waxing dreadlocks was like with waxing strips (like on legs and such) and I was so confused why anyone would do that! Even though I know what it is now every time someone tells me they wax or have waxed their dreadlocks I think of that :S

/ 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form