Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Questions regarding Wool Tam for new dreads, and if I still need Wax B Gone after i removed wax at home

Sarah Weathers
@sarah-weathers
12 years ago
42 posts

Hello,

Just quick questions here - I am interested in the benefits of a wool tam for helping along new dreads. I have long hair. One week old dreads... or more like 6 days. So if I get a wool tam, what would be the type, and how often and how should I wear it. Sorry - never wore one before.

Also wondering if I should still invest in Wax B Gone after I have done repeated home removals using vinegar soaks (distilled white vinegar undiluted) and then scrubbing with dish soap? I believe I got almost all of the wax out (I had wax applied one time - knotty boy - and it was left in my hair for 2.5 days before removing it). I know that no person can ever be 100% sure if it is all out. But my hair is completely different and healthy feeling - loose, dry (in a good way), not sticky at all, soft and light feeling... I think I got most of it out. I mean - I got so much out I can't find any more wax.

So those are my questions. I am not able to afford much so I don't know if I can afford both, so I was wondering if I should just focus on going forward now and wearing a tam and letting my dreads start back on track naturally, or if I should still be focusing on more sessions of wax removal even if I can't find anymore? Below is what my dreads look like now - very loose and they feel like my long hair I have had for years - just with some natural separations. Very soft.

updated by @sarah-weathers: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

wool tams do help but leaving emk loose does too so u dont want to have em in as tam all the time plus the more its in a tam the more u gotta seperate

your probly ok to go on from here without the wax b gone and if u cant afford the tam then its not needed u can get 1 when u can get 1 but there are some very cheap ones in outr shops and classifieds

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Sarah Weathers
@sarah-weathers
12 years ago
42 posts

thank you SE - yes i have been looking at the shops on this site - wonderful things, and healthy things. i will just keep them loose - i think your advice is always the best. i will just let them hang free, and not use any more wax removal. maybe some real locking can start now, with no wax or any b.s. :)

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

unless the bs is baking soda

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Sarah Weathers
@sarah-weathers
12 years ago
42 posts

:-D haha yep i meant the kinda b.s. of fiddling with my hair at all or anything to do with wax - i am definitely planning on using Baking Soda - that one rinse you described doing after the plumbing problem and you made a special rinse for your dreads :) - sounds amazing.

soaring eagle said:

unless the bs is baking soda

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form