Like this page? Then share it!
Dreadlocks Site Highly Recommends dreadlockshampoo.com

Dreadlocks site's servers are partialy funded by mining BTC on hashflare
any additional profits are donated to Fredoms Wings International Soaring for people with disabilities

Dreadlocks Forums

Questions regarding Wool Tam for new dreads, and if I still need Wax B Gone after i removed wax at home

Sarah Weathers
@sarah-weathers
6 years ago
42 posts

Hello,

Just quick questions here - I am interested in the benefits of a wool tam for helping along new dreads. I have long hair. One week old dreads... or more like 6 days. So if I get a wool tam, what would be the type, and how often and how should I wear it. Sorry - never wore one before.

Also wondering if I should still invest in Wax B Gone after I have done repeated home removals using vinegar soaks (distilled white vinegar undiluted) and then scrubbing with dish soap? I believe I got almost all of the wax out (I had wax applied one time - knotty boy - and it was left in my hair for 2.5 days before removing it). I know that no person can ever be 100% sure if it is all out. But my hair is completely different and healthy feeling - loose, dry (in a good way), not sticky at all, soft and light feeling... I think I got most of it out. I mean - I got so much out I can't find any more wax.

So those are my questions. I am not able to afford much so I don't know if I can afford both, so I was wondering if I should just focus on going forward now and wearing a tam and letting my dreads start back on track naturally, or if I should still be focusing on more sessions of wax removal even if I can't find anymore? Below is what my dreads look like now - very loose and they feel like my long hair I have had for years - just with some natural separations. Very soft.

updated by @sarah-weathers: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
6 years ago
28,403 posts

wool tams do help but leaving emk loose does too so u dont want to have em in as tam all the time plus the more its in a tam the more u gotta seperate

your probly ok to go on from here without the wax b gone and if u cant afford the tam then its not needed u can get 1 when u can get 1 but there are some very cheap ones in outr shops and classifieds

--
27 years growing dreadlocks the natural way
My dreads are over 9 feet long
Sarah Weathers
@sarah-weathers
6 years ago
42 posts

thank you SE - yes i have been looking at the shops on this site - wonderful things, and healthy things. i will just keep them loose - i think your advice is always the best. i will just let them hang free, and not use any more wax removal. maybe some real locking can start now, with no wax or any b.s. :)

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
6 years ago
28,403 posts

unless the bs is baking soda

--
27 years growing dreadlocks the natural way
My dreads are over 9 feet long
Sarah Weathers
@sarah-weathers
6 years ago
42 posts

:-D haha yep i meant the kinda b.s. of fiddling with my hair at all or anything to do with wax - i am definitely planning on using Baking Soda - that one rinse you described doing after the plumbing problem and you made a special rinse for your dreads :) - sounds amazing.

soaring eagle said:

unless the bs is baking soda

Dislike 0

Share This

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
Contact Form