Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

My Journey From Waxy Salon Dreads to My NOW Wax-Free Natural Dreads!

Zero
@zero
12 years ago
37 posts

thanks for the help

but i'm not a victim by any means , i'm totally in control

prob won't use wax like i said now prob just gonna let my hair knot up since it's already sectioned

i had 3 month old natural dreads and didn't like them so i took them out and waited a few months and put these in 1 1/2" x 1 1/2" sections

updated by @zero: 07/27/15 07:50:47AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,639 posts

if you want thick dreads just dont seperate em as much andu wil get thick dreads

but like i said thick dreads are extra hard to care for\

you will have to wash way less

you will have to be extra careful about drying

swimming all thge time would be out of the questin so would living somewhere like oregon that rains moree often then not

this is my best friend

http://www.dreadlockssite.com/profile/ChevelleTrant

let me tell ya the story of her dreads

she wanted dreads badly and after we met she asked like 500 ppl to help her dread

then we went to a rainbow gathering (same way my dreads started) but while there she asked dozens to help her dread all said yes but none got around to it..after 2 weeks in thye woods she had 4 or 5 scraggly dreads

she did have 5 or 6 ppl each start 1 dread each just for the memory of it..grandpa woodstock rubbed a rock on her head then rolled it it wa ty=he woodstock rock and roll method..haha anyway she had like 12 scraggly thin weak looking dreads and alot of waist length hair a month later had like 40 or so they gobbled eachother up and now shes got 18 fatties

and like me all she did was spend a few weeks in the woods

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

updated by @soaring-eagle: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,639 posts

you wasted 150 dollars on crap thats going in the trash hows that not a victim?

your natural dreads would have ti[urned out way way better if u gave em time

Find more videos like this on dreadlocks forums

se how scraggly his were at 3 months and how fat they are now?

1 1/2 is going to be too big

if 2 congo your in trouble

u cant always avoid congos

Dusty Ray Jaco said:

thanks for the help

but i'm not a victim by any means , i'm totally in control

prob won't use wax like i said now prob just gonna let my hair knot up since it's already sectioned

i had 3 month old natural dreads and didn't like them so i took them out and waited a few months and put these in 1 1/2" x 1 1/2" sections

--
Zero
@zero
12 years ago
37 posts

woah those dreads are pretty awesome idk if i want mine that thick but those are really nice

Zero
@zero
12 years ago
37 posts

well i can make one fifty in one night i just have to wait for nature to take cycles of life besides i'll still use the shampoo for a while i'll try em out i washed my hair with dreadhead hq soap before i redreaded my hair and my straight hair knotted up all over just within 24 hours, i had to struggle to get it all comed out

Valérie
@valrie
12 years ago
539 posts

Wow! That video is great! I love seeing the evolution of 1 year all at once and it really puts perspective on the process.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,639 posts

yours will be thicker if u keep the 1 1/2 inch sections the biggest u should go is 1 inch

a 1 inch dreads pretty damn fat

and dreadheadhq shampoo will fry your hair and scalp and can cause balding even..its very harsh chemicals

well if you dont mind wasting 150 on craop u dont need why aere yu reluctant to spend 12 that will save yoir dreads from the wax? but really since your just 4 days in your best bet is to comb em out and start over wax free ..naturally or not burt with 1 inch max sections

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,639 posts

We Love You from Jonathan Kalafer on Vimeo .

this is the "dread kit" me and chevy used u will see a hell of alotta dreads in this and all the gathering vids

they all look awesome abnd i guarantee that at least 99% are neglect..just happened from being there

no expence no products just wind rain ..and a irie vibe

--
Tara C
@tara-c
12 years ago
644 posts

The way to look at the conflicting opinions you've read about is to see it like this: a website made by a guy selling products to people versus a social networking kind of website designed to be an online community for people with dreads to share advice and help and support. No products being pushed here, nor any money to be made from telling people not to use wax. So what's the more reliable website? No-one here has any agenda or anything to personally gain from telling people not to use wax. Not to mention, SE has had his dreads for over 20 years, and his are completely natural. If you meet a person with nice, healthy-looking dreads who's had them for 20 years and used wax, then wax can be re-considered, but til then, that's all the evidence you need to show that hair can dread and stay dreaded.

Also, yeah a lot of the people giving advice are not very long into the dreading process themselves, myself included, but that doesn't mean anything. You don't have to have mature dreads that you, as an individual, think look good to have knowledge on the topic. I've learned a huge amount of info during the nine months of dreading just by being on this site, and since many members here started out using harmful methods, they actually have the personal experience that other people on here will not have.

Jakob Skogh
@jakob-skogh
12 years ago
13 posts

They look so great now!

/ 7

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form