Like this page? Then share it!
Dreadlocks Forums

wedding matnance in Orange county Ca

Amanda Zail
@amanda-zail
4 years ago
4 posts

OK so normally a no maintenance girl, however my more conservative best friend is getting married in may and even though she has told me not to worry about my hair, and that it's fine, I know she would love it if it was a little neater.

So I was wondering if anybody had a Solon they used in the orange county CA area that I could go get a as unobtrusive as possible clean up done without wax and chemicals. I know this is a more no maintenance form but I would love some recommendations the only place I could find has bad reviews.

And please no responses just on the evils of maintenance (its really not helpful or what I'm looking for) ...........I would normal agree but shes worth it.


updated by @amanda-zail: 02/14/15 11:20:21AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
4 years ago
27,402 posts

i would recomend no salon at all instead just some at home do it yourself maintenance..

but 1st what is it that u feel needs maintaining..loose hairs at the roots?

frizz?

whats the issues ahnd wewill give u ideas that wont do harm

like

aloe

dread balling (yea i know we dont recomend it but its not gonna hurt ya either to tuck away a few loose hairs)

mostly all y iu need is styling thats the key to wedding elegance

even the messiest earkly neglect dreads can be styled into something elegant and beautiful

but if u wajt to tame the frixzz use some aloe to tuck away the loose root hairs roll em up anjd ti]uck em under

what more could a salon do and not do alot of harm?




--
Creator and head dreadhead at:
Dreadlocks Site
Glider pilot student at:
Freedoms wings international
James Turk
@james-turk
4 years ago
107 posts

I have a wedding to go this summer, mine are to short to do tie back or anything. I'm just gonna let'em be.

Tied up in knots
@tied-up-in-knots
4 years ago
205 posts

Are you actually in the wedding? If you are then I can understand but if you aren't...absolutely no one is going to be looking at you. And out of everything your friend is going to remember your hair won't be anywhere near the top of the list.

My best friend got married a few years ago and she doesn't even remember me kissing another friends girlfriend during the pre-dinner MC shenanigans. In front of her entire family. And she's the one that started it! Long story short that tapping the glass to make the bride and groom kiss thing got waaaaaaay out of hand...but that should give you some perspective on how little your hair really matters.

It's really great that you want to do this for your friend but if she has specifically told you not to worry about it. Don't worry about it.She won't be. Trust me. Your hair seems like a big deal to you because it's your hair. Your friend has bigger fish to fry. She's getting freakin married. Do you know how many other things she has to stress about that are far more integral to her day than your hair? So much crap that after watching my friends worry and stress about all the insane details that are involved in having a single day party go smoothly I refuse to ever get married in such a fashion.

All that said, you still want to be a good friend and you asked for advice about your hair...

How short is your hair? Is it so short you can't clip sections back from your face? If you can, just buy some pretty clips and arrange them and your hair in a tasteful manner and just use aloe to smooth out the frizzies.

Perhaps if you post some pictures or give us a better description of your hair we can give you better ideas.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
4 years ago
27,402 posts

haha well said

in fact

this is the type wedding i'll be having

the bride was topless and the groom had his dreads decorated in ..umm i dunno what hahsa looked like feather boa type stuff or i dunno wrapped all round his dreads

Tied up in knots said:

Are you actually in the wedding? If you are then I can understand but if you aren't...absolutely no one is going to be looking at you. And out of everything your friend is going to remember your hair won't be anywhere near the top of the list.

My best friend got married a few years ago and she doesn't even remember me kissing another friends girlfriend during the pre-dinner MC shenanigans. In front of her entire family. And she's the one that started it! Long story short that tapping the glass to make the bride and groom kiss thing got waaaaaaay out of hand...but that should give you some perspective on how little your hair really matters.

It's really great that you want to do this for your friend but if she has specifically told you not to worry about it. Don't worry about it.She won't be. Trust me. Your hair seems like a big deal to you because it's your hair. Your friend has bigger fish to fry. She's getting freakin married. Do you know how many other things she has to stress about that are far more integral to her day than your hair? So much crap that after watching my friends worry and stress about all the insane details that are involved in having a single day party go smoothly I refuse to ever get married in such a fashion.

All that said, you still want to be a good friend and you asked for advice about your hair...

How short is your hair? Is it so short you can't clip sections back from your face? If you can, just buy some pretty clips and arrange them and your hair in a tasteful manner and just use aloe to smooth out the frizzies.

Perhaps if you post some pictures or give us a better description of your hair we can give you better ideas.




--
Creator and head dreadhead at:
Dreadlocks Site
Glider pilot student at:
Freedoms wings international

updated by @soaring-eagle: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
Amanda Zail
@amanda-zail
4 years ago
4 posts
Yes I'm a bridesmaid ( or I wouldn't care ) its as much for her as for her more conservative family just thought it would be one less thing on her mind

Tied up in knots said:

Are you actually in the wedding? If you are then I can understand but if you aren't...absolutely no one is going to be looking at you. And out of everything your friend is going to remember your hair won't be anywhere near the top of the list.

My best friend got married a few years ago and she doesn't even remember me kissing another friends girlfriend during the pre-dinner MC shenanigans. In front of her entire family. And she's the one that started it! Long story short that tapping the glass to make the bride and groom kiss thing got waaaaaaay out of hand...but that should give you some perspective on how little your hair really matters.

It's really great that you want to do this for your friend but if she has specifically told you not to worry about it. Don't worry about it.She won't be. Trust me. Your hair seems like a big deal to you because it's your hair. Your friend has bigger fish to fry. She's getting freakin married. Do you know how many other things she has to stress about that are far more integral to her day than your hair? So much crap that after watching my friends worry and stress about all the insane details that are involved in having a single day party go smoothly I refuse to ever get married in such a fashion.

All that said, you still want to be a good friend and you asked for advice about your hair...

How short is your hair? Is it so short you can't clip sections back from your face? If you can, just buy some pretty clips and arrange them and your hair in a tasteful manner and just use aloe to smooth out the frizzies.

Perhaps if you post some pictures or give us a better description of your hair we can give you better ideas.

Amanda Zail
@amanda-zail
4 years ago
4 posts
Oh and it's longish middle of my back

Amanda Zail said:
Yes I'm a bridesmaid ( or I wouldn't care ) its as much for her as for her more conservative family just thought it would be one less thing on her mind

Tied up in knots said:

Are you actually in the wedding? If you are then I can understand but if you aren't...absolutely no one is going to be looking at you. And out of everything your friend is going to remember your hair won't be anywhere near the top of the list.

My best friend got married a few years ago and she doesn't even remember me kissing another friends girlfriend during the pre-dinner MC shenanigans. In front of her entire family. And she's the one that started it! Long story short that tapping the glass to make the bride and groom kiss thing got waaaaaaay out of hand...but that should give you some perspective on how little your hair really matters.

It's really great that you want to do this for your friend but if she has specifically told you not to worry about it. Don't worry about it.She won't be. Trust me. Your hair seems like a big deal to you because it's your hair. Your friend has bigger fish to fry. She's getting freakin married. Do you know how many other things she has to stress about that are far more integral to her day than your hair? So much crap that after watching my friends worry and stress about all the insane details that are involved in having a single day party go smoothly I refuse to ever get married in such a fashion.

All that said, you still want to be a good friend and you asked for advice about your hair...

How short is your hair? Is it so short you can't clip sections back from your face? If you can, just buy some pretty clips and arrange them and your hair in a tasteful manner and just use aloe to smooth out the frizzies.

Perhaps if you post some pictures or give us a better description of your hair we can give you better ideas.

Amanda Zail
@amanda-zail
4 years ago
4 posts
Yah that was my fall back if I could not find someone to do it for me ;-)

soaring eagle said:

i would recomend no salon at all instead just some at home do it yourself maintenance..

but 1st what is it that u feel needs maintaining..loose hairs at the roots?

frizz?

whats the issues ahnd wewill give u ideas that wont do harm

like

aloe

dread balling (yea i know we dont recomend it but its not gonna hurt ya either to tuck away a few loose hairs)

mostly all y iu need is styling thats the key to wedding elegance

even the messiest earkly neglect dreads can be styled into something elegant and beautiful

but if u wajt to tame the frixzz use some aloe to tuck away the loose root hairs roll em up anjd ti]uck em under

what more could a salon do and not do alot of harm?

the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
4 years ago
1,302 posts
Lauren Halsall has a georgous photo of her wearing a hair wrap, it's a great way for you to wear your dreads to a wedding. I will also do this wonderful hairstyle to my son's son's wedding in October. Perhaps one of the artisans on this site can create one for you.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
4 years ago
27,402 posts

havinmg someone "do it for you" can do extreme permenant harm to your dreadsat an extreme price you can sopend 500-800 and end up with practicly ruined dreads..a disaster

just do a nice tidy lil braid like french braid with lace interwoven into it or something lke that

tip

experiment with fashionable styles for a week or 2 b4 u go settle on 1 then practice it a couple times

in the photo secr=tion theres a wedding styles post with ideas

u can serach the su[ite (use the google search top center ) fr dreadlocks wedding styles to find u=it

u realize u put this in salon recovery not styling and styles tips

maybe a bad omen huh already knew it would be as disaster?

actualy i may have moved the wedding discussion to styles and styling




--
Creator and head dreadhead at:
Dreadlocks Site
Glider pilot student at:
Freedoms wings international
 / 2
 
Dislike 0

Share This

Tags

comments powered by Disqus