Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Help me PLEASE!

Stygx
@stygx
13 years ago
5 posts
Okey, so yesterday I went to the chick that used to cut my hair to get dreads. Sbe said she knew how to make dreads etc.After I got the dreads I did some research and apparently she did it wrongWhat they did, they took each section of my hair and applied bee wax to it, then they twisted it and palm-rubbed it.So from what i have gathered Im not supposed to use wax . . . So what should I use then?also, i have weak ass rubber bands at the roots of my hair which keep on breaking so i constantly have to run my fingers through my head to check if all my locks still have bands, then my hands get oily because of the wax.. Im pretty sick of it though i love the look.what do i do??
updated by @stygx: 01/13/15 09:15:34PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

get a refund

start over

no rubber bands no wax nothing

just stop combing and it dreads

its thastsimple

but if u want top start them use twist n rip if yoiur white or finger twist if black

do nothong else4 use nothing else no runbber bands

call this chick and tell her she has no right doing dreads oif she dont kbnow what shes doing and get your nm=[-money back

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

moving to salon recovery but tao=ke some pictures just to help discourage others from making the same mistakes

going to asalons the worse thing u can do

--
Stygx
@stygx
13 years ago
5 posts

Yah I wish i knew that sooner.. My hair looks really awesome though

Cant I just wash my hair now while they are still in sections and then use the twist and rip when they are dry?

I dont really have time to start over

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

wax does not wash out it is extremely hard to remove but if they are just loose twists u maybe can its worth a try but u will be starting over

if u start over the wax is easy to remove from combed hair from vbackcombed or knotted hair it xcan take 3 months to remove

--
Circle Dancer
@circle-dancer
12 years ago
121 posts

You don't have time to start over? I agree with SE, you should get a refund and start over. The longer you let that wax sit in your hair the worse it's going to be and the harder time you'll have when you start over.

Doogie
@doogie
12 years ago
321 posts

I had backcombed dreads and used wax maybe 2 or 3 times not knowing any better! I had that set for a year and tried to remove the wax several times with no avail! So, at the end of this past Oct. I tried to remove the wax again and just made them look like total hell! I can now say that I am completely 100% wax FREE! Had to cut them off! This time I'm going all natural!

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form