Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

my worst mistake

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
13 years ago
2,702 posts

So I feel that it'snecessaryto make everyone comfortable by telling my story too.

I posted this in another thread, but this one seems more appropriate.

In high school I wanted locks, so I went to a local salon and had them do them up for me. I was told to put wax in them twice a week and not wash them for 2 months. So 2 months and 16 coats of wax later, I washed my hair, and was mortified to find that clumps of my hair was falling out. I mean, handfuls would just drop out as water rushed through. It was awful. I ended up having to shave it all off and start over. I swore to myself that I would go it the natural way and not use any product. And years later I have a beautiful set that I did almost no work making.

updated by @baba-fats: 01/13/15 09:15:01PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

typical salon dread story

they do every single thing wrong and your lucky ive heard far worse

often they say not to wash for 6 months to a year and thats not even get them wet

then only wash when u come back for another apointment

ive heard 1 salon in england tell a freind "we dont use wax cause wax is bad for dreads' then poured a bucket of liquid latex over her head turning her blond hair black

3 more coatings of latex later and shes leavinmg black sticky stains everywhere

salons are a disaster

and a hideos ripoff

charging up to 800 dollars then 50-150 every 2 weeks after

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
13 years ago
2,702 posts

That's... gross. yeah, gross. you got me beat. Mine were cheap to get done though. Like $40

Angel Frye
@angel-frye
13 years ago
409 posts

LATEX!??? wtf?

That is a horror I cannot even... guh. I think you just broke my brain, SE.

Evan, I am so glad that you went natural and are loving your hair.

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
13 years ago
2,702 posts

So am I. I loved them even with the wax, though. They were mine and cute little guys. At that point I still had the sides and back of my head shaved from when I had a mohawk. It wasn't a dreadhawk, but close to it. It was a really cool look, but not worth the horror of washin out my own hair,

I'll try to find a picture and post it on this thread

Lazdaa
@lazdaa
12 years ago
81 posts
Oufh sound roughWell i didn't happen to me, i also went to a saloon (hurray...) and was told not to wash for 2-4 weeks cant remember.. Even though i dont had anything falling out or anyting..But today i regret the saloon, as it was expensive as **** and not worth it at all. But i still got my dreads that where made there, just went the natural route now ;)
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form