Like this page? Then share it!
Dreadlocks Site Highly Recommends dreadlockshampoo.com

Dreadlocks site's servers are partialy funded by mining BTC on hashflare
any additional profits are donated to Fredoms Wings International Soaring for people with disabilities

Dreadlocks Forums

my worst mistake

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
7 years ago
2,710 posts

So I feel that it'snecessaryto make everyone comfortable by telling my story too.

I posted this in another thread, but this one seems more appropriate.

In high school I wanted locks, so I went to a local salon and had them do them up for me. I was told to put wax in them twice a week and not wash them for 2 months. So 2 months and 16 coats of wax later, I washed my hair, and was mortified to find that clumps of my hair was falling out. I mean, handfuls would just drop out as water rushed through. It was awful. I ended up having to shave it all off and start over. I swore to myself that I would go it the natural way and not use any product. And years later I have a beautiful set that I did almost no work making.

updated by @baba-fats: 01/13/15 09:15:01PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
7 years ago
28,421 posts

typical salon dread story

they do every single thing wrong and your lucky ive heard far worse

often they say not to wash for 6 months to a year and thats not even get them wet

then only wash when u come back for another apointment

ive heard 1 salon in england tell a freind "we dont use wax cause wax is bad for dreads' then poured a bucket of liquid latex over her head turning her blond hair black

3 more coatings of latex later and shes leavinmg black sticky stains everywhere

salons are a disaster

and a hideos ripoff

charging up to 800 dollars then 50-150 every 2 weeks after

--
27 years growing dreadlocks the natural way
My dreads are over 9 feet long
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
7 years ago
2,710 posts

That's... gross. yeah, gross. you got me beat. Mine were cheap to get done though. Like $40

Angel Frye
@angel-frye
7 years ago
409 posts

LATEX!??? wtf?

That is a horror I cannot even... guh. I think you just broke my brain, SE.

Evan, I am so glad that you went natural and are loving your hair.

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
7 years ago
2,710 posts

So am I. I loved them even with the wax, though. They were mine and cute little guys. At that point I still had the sides and back of my head shaved from when I had a mohawk. It wasn't a dreadhawk, but close to it. It was a really cool look, but not worth the horror of washin out my own hair,

I'll try to find a picture and post it on this thread

Lazdaa
@lazdaa
6 years ago
81 posts
Oufh sound roughWell i didn't happen to me, i also went to a saloon (hurray...) and was told not to wash for 2-4 weeks cant remember.. Even though i dont had anything falling out or anyting..But today i regret the saloon, as it was expensive as **** and not worth it at all. But i still got my dreads that where made there, just went the natural route now ;)
Dislike 0

Share This

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
Contact Form