Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Tips balling up and linking

P3RMAamp
@p3rmaamp
8 years ago
80 posts
I'm only a week into not brushing my hair. So far it's separating nicely and it looks like I'll have mostly smaller sections with some medium too.

It seems my tips are the first parts knotting up. My hair is Caucasian but very curly. Some tips are curling into their self and creating balls at the tips. I'm leaving those alone for now but I'd like loose tips so should I pick those apart?

Some are also linking with other tips of separated areas creating "U's" if that makes sense. Those I'm pulling apart.
image.jpg
image.jpg  •  29KB

image.jpg
image.jpg  •  34KB

image.jpg
image.jpg  •  99KB

updated by @p3rmaamp: 01/22/20 09:33:16AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
8 years ago
29,640 posts

the tips will do what they want to do many will remain loose some may blunt or ball..if you  do pull them apart they are highly likely to just do it again and again

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
P3RMAamp
@p3rmaamp
8 years ago
80 posts

Ok. I'll just leave them alone then. They certainly have a mind of their own anyhow. Thanks for the advice.

3_little_birds2316
@carolbrennan
8 years ago
60 posts

My hair also likes to make little u's.  It was kind of like 2 dreads were holding hands.  All the loose wispy parts would join in with each other, which was pretty annoying.

It has sorted itself out  now but when it was going on I would gently seperate after washing and then sort of twist the ends together to dry using my finger.  It helped to the the flyaway a little until it dried. Now that those dreads have w inches of dread and aren't little knot balls at the bottom they don't catch nearly as much.

Hope this helps 

--
Livin' wild and free in NC

Follow my dreadlock journey on instagram: @3_little_birds2316
P3RMAamp
@p3rmaamp
8 years ago
80 posts

3_little_birds2316:

My hair also likes to make little u's.  It was kind of like 2 dreads were holding hands.  All the loose wispy parts would join in with each other, which was pretty annoying.

It has sorted itself out  now but when it was going on I would gently seperate after washing and then sort of twist the ends together to dry using my finger.  It helped to the the flyaway a little until it dried. Now that those dreads have w inches of dread and aren't little knot balls at the bottom they don't catch nearly as much.

Hope this helps 

That's a perfect description. They are holding hands! I love it. Thank you and hello fellow NC resident. I'm in the Piedmont area. 

On another note I know separating too often too early can be a bad thing but I think I'm going to have to keep on top of mine. I found an area about 2 1/2in by 2in near my right ear that had matted together pretty fiercely. I'm not a huge Congo fan but especially not in an area like that.

3_little_birds2316
@carolbrennan
8 years ago
60 posts

How awesome fellow nc peep! I live on the coast!  I seperate certain sections more than others so you just have to go with What feels right.  I have had 2 that I had to rip apart in order to prevent huge sections.  I have a few others that are bigger than I like but they aren't going to come apart unless I comb them out so I'm waiting to see how they mature and wil go from there. 

Can't wait to see how you progress

--
Livin' wild and free in NC

Follow my dreadlock journey on instagram: @3_little_birds2316
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
8 years ago
29,640 posts

if they are matting up its not too soon to separate

its only when people separate before its even having a chance to start to knot that  its too soon

--
P3RMAamp
@p3rmaamp
8 years ago
80 posts

☮ soaring eagle ॐ:

if they are matting up its not too soon to separate

its only when people separate before its even having a chance to start to knot that  its too soon

It's definitely matting and dreading. I've fought tangles all my life so I knew my hair would go crazy if I let it. I'm so happy to stop fighting nature and let my hair do what it's been trying to tell me it's wanted to do forever. I already have two sections framing my face that are starting to resemble something as well as others scattered around that are harder to see. And it's only been two weeks.

image.jpg
image.jpg  •  33KB

updated by @p3rmaamp: 10/07/16 10:49:57AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
8 years ago
29,640 posts

yea knew your hair would dread fast..and when it dreads fat it needs separating way more

--
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form