Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Not sure about dreads but considering

little bird
@little-bird
8 years ago
19 posts
Hello everyone! This will be my first post on this site after becoming a member. anywho, I'm quite new to this whole "dread life" thing. over the last week I've done a lot of research and digging around and learned a lot. I know the basics. Not crocheting, don't retwist, and try to take it easy. Well I have a problem with one of these! I can't take it easy lol. I've been slightly stressing because I'm not sure whether or not I want to officially startmy dread lock journey. I'm worried about a few things

1) what people will think and say about me when they see a girl walk up with unbrushed hair (i'm planning on doing neglect if I do start! I'm also way too self conscious and can't seem to relax about the way i look or anything!)

2) how much time it would take for the process (i'm young and don't have any patience what so ever, lol (16 years of age) so I fear that I'll get frustrated and take them out after a week without brushing)

I need some love and support! I'm still trying to figure out if dreads are right for me, it would be cool to have them, but the process and commitment scare me!
erik5166
@erik5166
8 years ago
30 posts

welcome to the forums, you have nice hair! i suppose if you brush them out after a week, no harm done? Happy

updated by @erik5166: 09/25/16 11:32:57AM
little bird
@little-bird
8 years ago
19 posts

Thanks! and yeah, I suppose so! :) 

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
8 years ago
29,640 posts

point 1 dreads teach you not to care what they think and to be less self conscious  and relaxed about the way you look

point 2 dreads teach you patience and if you took them out after a week youd be very upset with yourself for losing a weeks progress and start over the next day

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
fundoo
@fundoo
8 years ago
41 posts

just have to add, I've been at neglect for what 5months now?? I am just starting to actually get dreads haha! well, maybe the first two came a few weeks back, but...point being, it could take months to a year to get them or a few weeks.

as far as how will you look? well, well because I wool rub, mine probably get more messy at times, but honestly, with a ponytail or something, you probably won't be drawing much attention for a long time. Actually, the first few weeks to a month just look like beachy hair. it's nice! :)

but getting the dreads are certainly rewarding. yeah...i have the worst patience myself, and mine took longer. haha go figure! :D

best wishes!

fundoo
@fundoo
8 years ago
41 posts

p.s. just noticing you have curly hair. I saw a curly haired girl's timeline and honestly you couldn't even tell she was dreading until they were dreaded. :) I mean it was perfectly seamless. You just might have that!

little bird
@little-bird
8 years ago
19 posts

Yeah I think I'll take the plunge and do it! I just took a shower and unfortunately I don't have my dreadlock shampoo yet, so I had to use regular. But I didn't put any conditioner in my hair. I'd post a picture if I knew how but hald of this thing i'm writing on is cut off for some reason so I don't know if theres a way I can add a picture or not. anywho, I'll try to buy some shampoo from online. thanks for the support guys! (Just saw a button that says "attatch file" so I guess that's it. Its cut off tho. lol. I'll post a picture of what this looks like so someone can possibly fix it idk if its my phone or the site doing this.) i'll post a pic of my hair after the shower too. 

image.jpeg
image.jpeg  •  250KB

image.jpeg
image.jpeg  •  304KB

image.jpeg
image.jpeg  •  273KB

little bird
@little-bird
8 years ago
19 posts

Here are a few oictures of what the screen looks like :) 

image.jpg
image.jpg  •  68KB

image.jpg
image.jpg  •  74KB

image.jpg
image.jpg  •  78KB

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
8 years ago
29,640 posts

its got to be the phone the site should adapt to any sized device

you can use the toolbar to add photos in the  post but attachments  work fine too

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
little bird
@little-bird
8 years ago
19 posts

i honestly wpuldn't be surprised, my phone acts so weird sometimes. 

/ 3

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form