Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Shampoo Questions

Raven's Light
@ravens-light
8 years ago
346 posts

I looked more into the Yardley bar soap, where I found it they have lavender and Oatmeal Almond scents, (I'm not quite sure which version of the soap would be better for my hair, as the oatmeal said it exfoliates, and lavender one talked about it having the essential oil in it) both bars talks about them being moisturizing bath bars (but paraban and sodium Lauryl Sulfate fee), I was wondering if that was bad....and also I still have that beer soap in my soap bag that I mentioned earlier, I was thinking of using that up before I buy this soap (since I have only one of those soap bags) but I am wondering how bad it would actually be for the progress of my dreads. Should I skip using that beer soap I mentioned on my hair or could I get away with it for a while without it doing much in the way of untangling my roots? (As in if I made really sure to get it all rinsed out of my hair, or would using it just be too much of a risk?)

updated by @ravens-light: 10/11/16 05:06:27PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
8 years ago
29,639 posts

i would trust the lavender over oatmeal these are clearly skin bars though right?

if your roots get long when you get a good shamopoo it will make all the difference

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Raven's Light
@ravens-light
8 years ago
346 posts

My roots get along well when I get good shampoo. So I'll buy the lavender one when I am able to next, they do seem to be more skin bars than for hair.but could I still use that beer soap on my hair without it causing harm to my roots or is it not worth it...I ask because it's the current soap in my soap saver bag and removing it may take a little work. The bag itself crocheted and handmade. 

What could be bad about the oatmeal one? I'm going to go with the lavender, I'm just curious. 

Raven's Light
@ravens-light
8 years ago
346 posts

I did end up using the beer bar soap on my hair, it actually felt really good and my dreads that are forming seemed to have benefited from it. So could it be possible that this soap could be ok for my hair?

Raven's Light
@ravens-light
8 years ago
346 posts

@panamar3d

I looked for the  Shea moisture African black soap deep clean shampoo where I can most readily get shampoo, they had other varieties of that soap except for hte deep clean shampoo...they even had bar soaps from that company, but I am pretty sure all of them have shea butter in them. 

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
8 years ago
29,639 posts

sounds like the beer might work out ok for ya oatmeals chunky it actually has oatmeal to scrub off dead skin like sandpaper that will get stuck in your dreads for sure

--
Raven's Light
@ravens-light
8 years ago
346 posts

Ok, just to clarify the beer soap may actually be fine for my hair? I had posted the ingredients and you (soaring-eagle) had wondered if it might be too conditioning. I just want to confirm that it may actually end up being ok for my hair.

updated by @ravens-light: 10/14/16 04:51:15PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
8 years ago
29,639 posts

it very well might be ..just keep an eye on the condition

--
Raven's Light
@ravens-light
8 years ago
346 posts

Ok, I assume the signs I am looking for that my hair is not ok are things like my roots loosening? Or are there any others things I should be looking out for?

updated by @ravens-light: 10/14/16 06:28:37PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
8 years ago
29,639 posts

stiff hard spots.. sticky feeling   heaviness.. any signs theres residue building up

the roots loosening just mean over conditioning which there could be worse things then that..if that's the only issue a dip in the ocean will fix that

--

/ 7

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form