Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

From Interlocking to Natural: My Dreadlock Journey

Raven's Light
@ravens-light
8 years ago
346 posts

I just looked it up, where I am currently living at may have moderately hard water, but thankfully  the build up didn't happen this time (but I could be and might actually be wrong on this), and I am going to make absolutely sure I dilute bronners at least 10:1 if not 12:1 from here on out, just to be sure. I haven't done a deep clean for at least. I haven't deep cleaned my hair in about 4 months, I am thinking I may end up doing a deep clean maybe twice a year. Since that is better on my hair than what i had done before.

updated by @ravens-light: 09/20/16 09:15:37PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
8 years ago
29,640 posts

well with moderately hard feel your dreads after for stickiness or oiliness

if u feel either stop using it

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Raven's Light
@ravens-light
8 years ago
346 posts

They seem to feel fine, still damp, but ok. I mean when I squeeze them I do hear a squishing noise (that could be called sticky, but other shampoos I've used have washed out fine and made them feel the same), but I do normally hear it when I have just washed them.

updated by @ravens-light: 09/20/16 09:23:29PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
8 years ago
29,640 posts

ok just keep an  eye on them ..you are borderline so might get away with using it..

--
Raven's Light
@ravens-light
8 years ago
346 posts

I do plan to keep an eye on it, if the build up does happen, would I then be able to use the BS/ACV deep cleanse in that situation? I know it's harsh on hair but it's more readily on hand for me than the charcoal deep clean. (as I still have baking soda and ACV left)

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
8 years ago
29,640 posts

probably the acv woulrd be the most effective .. i think

--
Raven's Light
@ravens-light
8 years ago
346 posts

What's the lowest dilution ratio I could get away with for bronners? I had found that 1:5 felt really good when I washed with it because it still felt like I was using a soap rather than just water. I mean I had even once a while back used the undiluted soap and didn't have an issue then, but I'm not going to repeat that now or especially if I end up somewhere with worse off water hardness.

Raven's Light
@ravens-light
8 years ago
346 posts

So if the acv would be most effective in the cases when I or anyone would get bronner's build up, would I use just the acv by itself or would I do the normal deep cleanse with the baking soda as well?

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
8 years ago
29,640 posts

1-12 is the min dilution and should still be plenty soapy some go as high as 40-1 and say it might not suds as well but still cleans fine

and i think i would try just the acv 1st

--
Raven's Light
@ravens-light
8 years ago
346 posts

ok so the ACV should be diluted with water, like in regular deep cleans, and the ACV on its own is ok to use on dreads?

/ 29

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form