Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

dreadlocks and how they change you

the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

Not everyone keeps their dreadlocks for a lifetime. This fine young fellow felt the experience it took him through, made him a better person and embraced what they taught him. It was his time to move on without dreadlocks and he is thankful for all he learned by growing them. What's to understand???
emilio gonzalez said:

great story but i dont understand why you cut them off at only 3 years ??

the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

Besides being healthier, his story is why a person should grow their dreads and not pay for them to be made. The journey is an amazing soul changing experience that teaches us so much. It seems silly to think your hair can do that, but it does, and his post shows that. We all become a better person in this small world of ours.....peace

Victoria Willimon said:

well said, i just started my journey and you really reminded me why i am doing this. Thank you so much!

the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

Wow, who are the dumbasses that say you need to cut them off to get a job. If they are clean, and you are presentable and friendly, that will get you the job . Gotta say it again...dumbasses

Ethon O'Brien said:

man i know how you feel. everyone tells me i need to cut em off for a job. i dont think i need to though. they look pretty presentable tied back. about the first one, thats a horrible story haha, glad i dont drink thatd be so terrible. i dont mind the attention of being "that guy with dreads" myself. i consider them part of who i am now

Meg5
@meg5
11 years ago
55 posts

Absolutely beautiful.

DRS
@drs
10 years ago
47 posts

Damn. If I cried easily, I would be right now. The change started with inner peace for me. I said "I'm more peaceful than I was before I started dreads." My friend said "not really." I looked inside myself, and realized that's where the problem was. Now I'm trying very hard to control my actions, and more often than I'd like, I make mistakes. But, I hope not as often as before. The one true friend I have left in this area, has noticed a huge change. I even quit drinking. An alcoholic quitting cold turkey is nothing fun to be around. I suppose each strand of hair can be seen as everything coming together in unity. My dreads will tell me where to go next.

tyler rakowski
@tyler-rakowski
10 years ago
19 posts

exactly man, thats how i did it, just one day i had enough and was like eff it im done drinking smoking and doing all that jack. i was one hell of a hurricane for a long time

DRS said:

Damn. If I cried easily, I would be right now. The change started with inner peace for me. I said "I'm more peaceful than I was before I started dreads." My friend said "not really." I looked inside myself, and realized that's where the problem was. Now I'm trying very hard to control my actions, and more often than I'd like, I make mistakes. But, I hope not as often as before. The one true friend I have left in this area, has noticed a huge change. I even quit drinking. An alcoholic quitting cold turkey is nothing fun to be around. I suppose each strand of hair can be seen as everything coming together in unity. My dreads will tell me where to go next.

The Wanderer
@the-wanderer
10 years ago
9 posts
Awesome story i started my journey not so long ago.David i also had a similar dream, burned my hair accidentally and woke up and went straight to the mirror.
Moon Child
@moon-child
10 years ago
51 posts

This was very touching, I hope one day my dreads will have taught me this much. Stay strong my dready brother

/ 5
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form