Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

% 1/2 MONTH UPDATE!!!!!! Coles Patient Journey In the comments!!!

Cole Morton
@cole-morton
11 years ago
109 posts

Well I am going to try my hand at this timeline stuff. I am not too good at this blog like writing,but I think it will be really cool to see how much my babies mature over time. I know that I have "matured" (for lack of a better term), since I began this process on Oct. 14th 2012. I have wanted dreads for as long as I could remember but I was never patient enough or strong enough to commit to them. It was kind of a case of "you will know when its time". Well that time has come. I have learned so much about myself already in this short amount of time. I have an incredible partner who encourages my journey and give me kind words of wisdom whenever I am feeling overwhelmed by "frizz" or "loose hairs". I never knew I could be so patient. and patient seems like all I can be. As the months have passed I have found myself becoming almost obsessive about dreads and their natural beauty. I love to see how my own change form and shape in just a matter of days...each becoming closer and closer to perfection,. Every loop, every bump, every zig-zag...my smile begins to take over my face. I love my babies and I love watching them grow. They a poetic works of art and a self discovery. I will try to keep my timeline updated and welcome all words of encouragment. Peace..

2 wks old...(I know it's not a great pic)

(2nd pic) They are 1 month old.

(pics 3,4,5) These are 2 months...
These are now at 3.5 months....

and these also.....

And last but not least.....these are from today...(1/26/2013)

updated by @cole-morton: 11/12/15 05:20:21PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

they are commin along great :)

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Cole Morton
@cole-morton
11 years ago
109 posts

Thanks SE...I think I should have taken a tutorial in how to upload a timeline.....that was sooo hard for the technologiacally challenged as myslf.

Cristin Nessen
@cristin-nessen
11 years ago
158 posts
Nice! What method did you use? Maybe you said somewhere and I'm just blind lol:)
Cole Morton
@cole-morton
11 years ago
109 posts

I just let them seperate on their own , but once they started to seperate I twisted them fiercly every night..(I know now not to do that). after about a month of playing with them and manipulating them constantly I found this site, the most encouragment, and wisdom and left them alone. Now I just do some seperation after I do a BS wash. I do have a question tho....how does everyone else seperate.

Cristin Nessen
@cristin-nessen
11 years ago
158 posts
Looks good so far! :)I don't know too much about separation. My first set, for whatever reason, didn't really need any separating. And now I'm only day 2 on my second set lol. There is an awesome video floating around on here though I heard! It tells you everything you need to know, and shows you exactly how to do it. I hope it helps! I just wish I knew where the video is so I could tell ya lol
Cristin Nessen
@cristin-nessen
11 years ago
158 posts
Ooh, actually I think Baba Fats made the video about sectioning! Should be on his page! Hope that helps! :)
Cristin Nessen
@cristin-nessen
11 years ago
158 posts
Separating* I mean, not sectioning
TieDyedSoul
@tiedyedsoul
11 years ago
70 posts

Nice dreads! Love all the zig zags I can't stop running my fingers over mine they just feel soo neat.

christina popejoy
@christina-popejoy
11 years ago
91 posts

your dreads are looking great! I hear you about the whole being patient thing. There is something about just submitting to the whole process that changes us I think. Im so glad i made that choice. Best of luck on your journey, cant wait to watch the progress.

/ 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form