Like this page? Then share it!
Dreadlocks Site Highly Recommends dreadlockshampoo.com

Dreadlocks site's servers are partialy funded by mining BTC on hashflare
any additional profits are donated to Fredoms Wings International Soaring for people with disabilities

Dreadlocks Forums

% 1/2 MONTH UPDATE!!!!!! Coles Patient Journey In the comments!!!

Cole Morton
@cole-morton
5 years ago
109 posts

Well I am going to try my hand at this timeline stuff. I am not too good at this blog like writing,but I think it will be really cool to see how much my babies mature over time. I know that I have "matured" (for lack of a better term), since I began this process on Oct. 14th 2012. I have wanted dreads for as long as I could remember but I was never patient enough or strong enough to commit to them. It was kind of a case of "you will know when its time". Well that time has come. I have learned so much about myself already in this short amount of time. I have an incredible partner who encourages my journey and give me kind words of wisdom whenever I am feeling overwhelmed by "frizz" or "loose hairs". I never knew I could be so patient. and patient seems like all I can be. As the months have passed I have found myself becoming almost obsessive about dreads and their natural beauty. I love to see how my own change form and shape in just a matter of days...each becoming closer and closer to perfection,. Every loop, every bump, every zig-zag...my smile begins to take over my face. I love my babies and I love watching them grow. They a poetic works of art and a self discovery. I will try to keep my timeline updated and welcome all words of encouragment. Peace..

2 wks old...(I know it's not a great pic)

(2nd pic) They are 1 month old.

(pics 3,4,5) These are 2 months...
These are now at 3.5 months....

and these also.....

And last but not least.....these are from today...(1/26/2013)

updated by @cole-morton: 11/12/15 05:20:21PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
5 years ago
28,431 posts

they are commin along great :)

--
27 years growing dreadlocks the natural way
My dreads are over 9 feet long
Cole Morton
@cole-morton
5 years ago
109 posts

Thanks SE...I think I should have taken a tutorial in how to upload a timeline.....that was sooo hard for the technologiacally challenged as myslf.

Cristin Nessen
@cristin-nessen
5 years ago
158 posts
Nice! What method did you use? Maybe you said somewhere and I'm just blind lol:)
Cole Morton
@cole-morton
5 years ago
109 posts

I just let them seperate on their own , but once they started to seperate I twisted them fiercly every night..(I know now not to do that). after about a month of playing with them and manipulating them constantly I found this site, the most encouragment, and wisdom and left them alone. Now I just do some seperation after I do a BS wash. I do have a question tho....how does everyone else seperate.

Cristin Nessen
@cristin-nessen
5 years ago
158 posts
Looks good so far! :)I don't know too much about separation. My first set, for whatever reason, didn't really need any separating. And now I'm only day 2 on my second set lol. There is an awesome video floating around on here though I heard! It tells you everything you need to know, and shows you exactly how to do it. I hope it helps! I just wish I knew where the video is so I could tell ya lol
Cristin Nessen
@cristin-nessen
5 years ago
158 posts
Ooh, actually I think Baba Fats made the video about sectioning! Should be on his page! Hope that helps! :)
Cristin Nessen
@cristin-nessen
5 years ago
158 posts
Separating* I mean, not sectioning
TieDyedSoul
@tiedyedsoul
5 years ago
70 posts

Nice dreads! Love all the zig zags I can't stop running my fingers over mine they just feel soo neat.

christina popejoy
@christina-popejoy
5 years ago
93 posts

your dreads are looking great! I hear you about the whole being patient thing. There is something about just submitting to the whole process that changes us I think. Im so glad i made that choice. Best of luck on your journey, cant wait to watch the progress.

/ 2

Dislike 0

Share This

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
Contact Form