Like this page? Then share it!
Dreadlocks Site Highly Recommends dreadlockshampoo.com

Dreadlocks site's servers are partialy funded by mining BTC on hashflare
any additional profits are donated to Fredoms Wings International Soaring for people with disabilities

Dreadlocks Forums

Nearly 2 Year natural...ish timeline!

Marc Gravel
@marc-gravel
6 years ago
123 posts

Hey all! decided to finally make a quick little timeline after 2 years of dreading.
Started with natural neglect.. then I had someone backcomb the undreaded hair them to section them out.
Did a little Tnr to the tips when they fell apart during the months after the sectioning.. Also I rubbed the tips at one point to make em a bit rounded. This maintenance lasted for a few months then I just let em go for a full year and, well.. check it out :D

This is about 2 months in of neglect. (The shower/palm roll helped define them for the pic)

Here we are at about 6 months neglect (again with palm rolling to section them out) I had someone in rome show me how to crochet, you can see it on the front dread... needless to say I didnt go through with it.

Now this is at 6 months, a week or two after the tnr/backcoming sesh. You can really see how that shortened them.. I lost a few inches..But the months after that session they really progressed
Here we are many many months later, at id say 1 year.. Some tnr here and there. and some palm rolling when I was bored. I also rubbed the tips a few months prior to the pic so my ends are lookin more rounded. check out that progression!!!

Here we are at 1 year and a few months

And where I am today. 2 years since the beginning of my journey. Took these pics a few days ago. Congos and natural love hidden up in there everywhere. :D

Hope you enjoyed it :D

updated by @marc-gravel: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
6 years ago
28,421 posts

u got some fatties in there but u know backcombing 6 mon ths in would only reset the progress and the palm rolling before that would probly slow things alot

--
27 years growing dreadlocks the natural way
My dreads are over 9 feet long
Marc Gravel
@marc-gravel
6 years ago
123 posts

Thanks, the congos are my favorite.
I left the ones that were already on their way alone. I only had the hair that wasnt doing anything backcombed and tnr. Looking back I wouldnt do it again.. But now that they have matured quite nicely I never need to worry about that again.

soaring eagle said:

u got some fatties in there but u know backcombing 6 mon ths in would only reset the progress and the palm rolling before that would probly slow things alot

Joey mipanyarack
@joey-mipanyarack
6 years ago
81 posts
Nice dreads. Some freaking huge ones in the back lol.
Star Gryphon
@star-gryphon
6 years ago
190 posts

Very, very nice! Now...comes the fun part as you gain length! :)

Marc Gravel
@marc-gravel
6 years ago
123 posts

Thats what Im waiting for! I cant wait to have long long dreads. They are so beautiful

Star Gryphon said:

Very, very nice! Now...comes the fun part as you gain length! :)

Dislike 0

Share This

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
Contact Form