Like this page? Then share it!
Dreadlocks Forums

Nearly 2 Year natural...ish timeline!

Marc Gravel
@marc-gravel
4 years ago
123 posts

Hey all! decided to finally make a quick little timeline after 2 years of dreading.
Started with natural neglect.. then I had someone backcomb the undreaded hair them to section them out.
Did a little Tnr to the tips when they fell apart during the months after the sectioning.. Also I rubbed the tips at one point to make em a bit rounded. This maintenance lasted for a few months then I just let em go for a full year and, well.. check it out :D

This is about 2 months in of neglect. (The shower/palm roll helped define them for the pic)

Here we are at about 6 months neglect (again with palm rolling to section them out) I had someone in rome show me how to crochet, you can see it on the front dread... needless to say I didnt go through with it.

Now this is at 6 months, a week or two after the tnr/backcoming sesh. You can really see how that shortened them.. I lost a few inches..But the months after that session they really progressed
Here we are many many months later, at id say 1 year.. Some tnr here and there. and some palm rolling when I was bored. I also rubbed the tips a few months prior to the pic so my ends are lookin more rounded. check out that progression!!!

Here we are at 1 year and a few months

And where I am today. 2 years since the beginning of my journey. Took these pics a few days ago. Congos and natural love hidden up in there everywhere. :D

Hope you enjoyed it :D

updated by @marc-gravel: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
4 years ago
27,402 posts

u got some fatties in there but u know backcombing 6 mon ths in would only reset the progress and the palm rolling before that would probly slow things alot

--
Creator and head dreadhead at:
Dreadlocks Site
Glider pilot student at:
Freedoms wings international
Marc Gravel
@marc-gravel
4 years ago
123 posts

Thanks, the congos are my favorite.
I left the ones that were already on their way alone. I only had the hair that wasnt doing anything backcombed and tnr. Looking back I wouldnt do it again.. But now that they have matured quite nicely I never need to worry about that again.

soaring eagle said:

u got some fatties in there but u know backcombing 6 mon ths in would only reset the progress and the palm rolling before that would probly slow things alot

Joey mipanyarack
@joey-mipanyarack
4 years ago
81 posts
Nice dreads. Some freaking huge ones in the back lol.
Star Gryphon
@star-gryphon
4 years ago
190 posts

Very, very nice! Now...comes the fun part as you gain length! :)

Marc Gravel
@marc-gravel
4 years ago
123 posts

Thats what Im waiting for! I cant wait to have long long dreads. They are so beautiful

Star Gryphon said:

Very, very nice! Now...comes the fun part as you gain length! :)

Dislike 0

Share This

Tags

comments powered by Disqus