14 months natural dreads timeline

GoldiLocs
@goldilocs
12 years ago
22 posts

Before I stopped brushing:

Five Months along:

And here is 7 Months:

Annnnd nine months!! It has gone by so fast!

And now at 10 months.

This is before showering, all loopy and crazy:

And here is right after a shower where the sections are a little more defined:

11 months!! Almost a year!!!

And drum roll please...

ONE YEAR!!!!!

The angle of this one made them look longer than they are, wishful thinking...

And here is them decorated with polymer beads I made:

This picture is actually from a week ago.

14 Months:

updated by @goldilocs: 08/20/21 04:50:50AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

wow they look awesome and for 5 months look close to mature!

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

They look fantastic.

Is your hair naturally oily? If not, then you should be using the ACV rinse after the BS wash. Obviously rinse out the BS well first. But if your hair isn't oily already, you will need to reset the pH level of your scalp.

ACV won't make your hair oily. I don't want you to get that impression. What I am saying is that Oily hair and scalp means it is too acidic. Then you would want to only wash with BS to raise the pH. But if your hair is normal, the BS is raising the pH of your scalp too much and not being reset. the ACV will do that. Just BS will make your hair brittle and dry. If it doesn't itch, you are lucky

GoldiLocs
@goldilocs
12 years ago
22 posts

Baba, I have very oily hair naturally. I used to use the ACV rinse but it made my hair stringy. I played around with it a bit and discovered for my hair just baking soda works best, for the time being, anyway.

SE, a few of the ones underneath are close to mature if not mature already. The front, which you can sort of see on the left of the picture, is still mostly curls but it's coming along more each day. My hair was longer than in the before picture by a few inches and now it's almost all up to my shoulders.

I can't believe how fast it dreaded! And the best advice I followed from here is don't look in the mirror! Just wash and separate and the progress I've seen is unbelievable.

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

Gotcha. Yeah, it that case, just BS would be better. If it stops being oily, you can start adding a VERY tiny amount of ACV into your routine maybe once a week and see if it stays dry.

Castaway J
@castaway-j
12 years ago
585 posts

wow amazing! im surprised at how fast they took on to locking. thats amazing!

Mons
@mons
12 years ago
518 posts

It's beautiful!

Heather
@heather
12 years ago
1,291 posts

your lucky. they look amazing!

batt
@batt