Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

1 year Dread-versary

Supa Dread
@supa-dread
12 years ago
100 posts

So one year ago today, i started my dreads. If you dont know my story, here's a little quick recap. I got them done with the comb twist and finger twist. Wax, gel, lock peppa, the jamaican lime locking gel, and all this other crap was used. After about 5 months, it was february and i had washed my hair maybe 3 times, once the last 3 visits. I was advised not to, but i wanted to have it washed anyway, i was told that washing my hair would slow down the locking process. (mind you my locktician has had dreads since he was 15, he's now in his mid 30's). So after feeling like something was not right, i came across this site. Then it clicked. After some solid advice from S.E, i ordered the wax-be-gone from dreadlocksshampoo.com and the shampoo from the same site. After removing the the wax (it took 5 applications), the locking speed went up dramatically. I had loops and zig zags within days. I've been washing with bs/acv once a week and twice a week with the shampoo. I still have a ton of zigging and zagging and a ton of looping, but a lot of my dreads have reached maturity. I honestly feel had i started neglect from the getgo i wouldve reached maturity already, but nonetheless, i've enjoyed my journey. If you can learn anything from my story, learn this: If given the knott-ledge(see what i did there? its a play on words!!!lol) take it and use it, dont get suckered into the Johny lockboy bullshit or whatever the fuck his name is. Dread recognize Dread, real recognize real, so dont be fooled by all the garbage those people spill. The only secret to dreading is not a secret at all, patience patience and patience. Let go of your vanity, embrace the mess, and keep in mind you're not in this journey alone, there's a ton of us here to help you get through, like one big, happy, dread family.

Any questions regarding my story or if you can relate, hit me up. Check out the pics

One love.

updated by @supa-dread: 02/14/15 03:32:53AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,639 posts

congrats and considering that the 1st 6 months u probly made nearly no real progress they asure are turning out great today

if i was to estimate the actual progress id say your at 7 months so it is in that nearing maturity phase the not washing the gunking and all the working on them the loctician did slowed emn by about 4 or 5 months or so

but now they are going awesomely

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Supa Dread
@supa-dread
12 years ago
100 posts

Thanks a lot S.E, i agree with you wholeheartedly about actually slowing down my progress. I also need to correct myself, i went back on my posts and i removed the wax in May! My first post here was may 2nd and i got the products from dreadlocksshampoo.com in mid May. So the progress is pretty major considering its only been 4 months of neglect. But thanks for the compliments man, i love my dreads and will have them for the rest of my life.

Ixchel
@ixchel
12 years ago
597 posts

happy 1 year! that's wonderful. they are coming along great especially given the rocky start, glad you were able to get them on the right track because they are looking good now ;)

Supa Dread
@supa-dread
12 years ago
100 posts
Thank u so much ixchel,I'm loving the bought. its only been neglect since may, so I'm really looking forward to the next few months to watch them reach maturity.
Supa Dread
@supa-dread
12 years ago
100 posts
Not bought, journey. I truly hate autocorrect lol.
Winston McClain2
@winston-mcclain2
12 years ago
2 posts
It's nice to finally be seeing progress on things I'm sure.
Supa Dread
@supa-dread
12 years ago
100 posts
Its absolutely is bro, n it changes everyday. Which is awesome to see, how's your journey going so far? Hope you're enjoying it man.
Xephyre (Nae)
@xephyre-nae
12 years ago
26 posts

One Love!!

Sarah Smile
@sarah-smile
12 years ago
43 posts

:)

/ 3

Dislike 0