Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Bug's Dreadline (aka plee for moral support) UPDATE 7/10/13: 1 YEAR PIC & VID - pic in first post.

Don J
@don-j
12 years ago
11 posts

My ears are burning...

Just take it one step at a time, your getting it altogether. Hemp works well and covers a lot of problems (will get list one day) but the best thing about it, most don't have allergies or asthma symptoms to it. If a nice sent is what your looking for, lemon zest (coffee filtered) worked really well to cover the stinky oils and lemon juice with the salt was great . Though I didn't know it works like a bleach, just found that out myself and feel it would be softer on hair/scalp then bleach itself...(have done that) Most start dreading with nice healthy hair, if brittle is a fear then just don't use it and the sun will lighten your hair too. I always diluted my lemon juice with mostly salt water and would still use it as I did if I restarted. (I really liked it better then just salt water)

Irritation is common at the start till you stop using salt mix, even if just spraying hair a little tends to get on the scalp and drys it out. Salt was worse then the lemon in my books, but it did help the most. I did quick wash's with just 1/8cup BS/ 3/4 gallon water *(no oil) on any other day if really needed and leaving Wash Wednesday(WW) to do all(with oils). To much of anything is a bad thing too, Just keep it really clean and it will knot in time. I look for happy skin.

I truly wish you luck with your dreads and cant wait to see how they turn out.

essential oils " soaring eagle "

updated by @don-j: 07/23/15 06:36:05PM
Bug
@bug
12 years ago
43 posts

Thanks all for the advice. My niece is out of town but returning this weekend, i'll get her to help me take a better pic in daylight since the one i got up is pretty dark. I'm not worried bout bleach my hair. it's naturally blonde and i'm not picky bout it highlighting naturally or with some help form lemon juice. my concern was the oil they forms on the top of my head. the rest fo the hair is as far as i can tell not brittle, not oily, not too dry either so i think it'll be ok. i noticed today since i used sea salt yesterday before i washed that the oil dried up a bit today and isn't as bad.

I might save lemon juice,diluted or otherwise, till later if i keep having probs. as for oil, i'll look into the hemp, i have hemp cord and have never had a problem with hemp products. I'll probably start with Tea Tree, Rosemary, and Citronella... if i have probs with the Rosemary i'll switch over to hemp. :)

Bug
@bug
12 years ago
43 posts

Alrighty, I got a better 1 month pic up, niece got home and so she could take a pic with flash, unlike my attempt in a mirror. In other news I think the sea salt spray is starting to really help. And today I picked up some Dr. Bronners Tea Tree. Now I have hard water so I've heard all the stuff there, but I wanted to try an experiment since everyone's hair is different ya know? So what I did.

I put 1/4 cup of BS in 2 quarts cool water, then I added a tiny, tiny amount of Dr. B. Like 1/16 of teaspoon maybe? I doubt it was 1/8. Anyways that was enough to suds up some in my hair.. and then I let it sit for 5 min like always and rinsed it out with cool water form the shower head. No ACV rise.

Up drying in a towel right now but OMG I came out feeling so my cleaner and squeaky clean! Remains to be seen if it leaves a residue or not but right now SO MUCH BETTER and smells so much nicer!! Now if I get my essential oils (decided on tea tree, rosemary, and citronella which I thought I'd put a few drops in a leave in rise at the very end.) and I'll be all set which brings me to my last bit of new.

I MAY have a part time job starting in Sept. The owner was there when I bought the Dr B from an Organic Health and Cafe store bout 25 min from my house. I asked if they were hiring and she said she might be but it'd only be part time and she wouldn't know till Sept. I'm ok with that because if I prove valuable part time can be full time down the road. AND the owner already knows i'm dreading my hair and is totally cool with it, in fact she had thought of deadlocking her hair once and never got around to it. So fingers crossed. :)

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

turn her on ti this site when yiu takk to her next something kept her from dreading and chances are it was the waxy lies
when she learns the truth she will be grateful and know your more serius about all things natural and your in

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Bug
@bug
12 years ago
43 posts

oh believe me my nieces and I sat there dreaducating her for a good 5 min after i bought the Dr. B. and yeah DHHQ had been the site she had looked at. she was quit interested in the fact I was dreading my own hair not doing a method that require someone else to help. and yes i told her bout this site, but never thought to write it down for her.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

next time u see her be sure to write it down
in fact..offer to show her if u got a laptop/tablet or shes got a connected pc in the office

--
Bug
@bug
12 years ago
43 posts

Alrighty! Put my two month pic up. starting to see some action! bout a week ago i had the chance to change out my food grade sea salt with some made for salt water tanks i swear almost over night different. i'm starting to get some nice knotting underneath close to my scalp and in front some really good sections. niece and i were goofing around so here another pic for ya.

Baby Dreads

In other news mom finally put two and two together... she is not pleased... but is resigned, and i don't have to hid anymore. As for job hunting.. still looking. putting another application in tomorrow. so fingers crossed.

updated by @bug: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

damn awesome progress for just 2 months!

--
Bug
@bug
12 years ago
43 posts

Thanks SE! I was really happy, After not seeing much in the first month and most of the 2nd i was starting to worry. Didn't really see much until i switch from the table sea salt to the water tank sea salt. then, bam! out of no wheres!

I'm still working on getting essential oils. i'm ordering bottle online and then i found a local place that will fill them for lest then it's cost me to buy from mountain rose herbs (where i'm ordering my bottles from) that way i won't end up with a bunch of tiny bottles, i can just take min for refills. so this is just a combination of the BS wash and Dr. Bronners.

i found a good balance that is cleaning my scalp good and keep my hair form being greasy. i waiting two day between washing now. i can't seem to push for more so i'm just sticking there.

the pic si slightly misleading and the sections are still loose hair, usually just a few tiny knots keeping them grouped. and i still have a lot free hair i'm hoping will bind up. will the dreads when they start knotting good get thicker? most do right?

Bug
@bug
12 years ago
43 posts

woo and hoo got a call for a interview today! it's Subway, which i'd take over regular fast food anyday! i can still wet down my hair and pull it back in a nice neat bun for the interview so here's hoping *fingers crossed*

/ 6

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form