Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Ixchel- Journey to Natural Locks 2 years 9 months!

Ixchel
@ixchel
12 years ago
597 posts

when wrapping is there any specific type of wrap that may work better? Or just anything that holds some of the section together for a while? I have 3 different ways i know to do it (& i imagine possibilities are endless) just wondering if any are "better" than others.

soaring eagle said:

maybe try some hair wraps if beads wont stay just till u get a base knot going once the roots are starting to dread u can remove em

updated by @ixchel: 07/22/15 06:32:16AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

well the fancier knotted wraps will last longer then the lazy old just wrap em round and round way

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Ixchel
@ixchel
12 years ago
597 posts

ok thanks, & what do you think about my washing? do i need to change something?

soaring eagle said:

well the fancier knotted wraps will last longer then the lazy old just wrap em round and round way

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

when using the shampoo how are u scrubbing thats the only think i can guess at and are u doing sea salt at all that might help too

--
Ixchel
@ixchel
12 years ago
597 posts

not scrubbing at all. for the paste i just let it lob off a spatula onto my head so i don't touch anything, for the shampoo/bs i just let it run through, & for the bar i lather around my hair line & then let the water run it through. I use a jar to pour the water/shampoos onto my head, or i mermaid swish in the tub/bowl so i'm not actually touching or scrubbing the hair. trying to do as minimally invasive washing as i can.

to dry i just squeeze out some, shake lightly, drip & air dry for however long it takes.

i use sea salt sometimes a bit before i wash in a spray bottle, or in the baking soda when i use it. i also use the locking gel. i've been using it a bit more now because the sections are slowly becoming easier to pick out.

soaring eagle said:

when using the shampoo how are u scrubbing thats the only think i can guess at and are u doing sea salt at all that might help too

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

only think i could possibly suggest changing is to stop the squeezing out

i cant guarantee it will help but its the only thing i can imagine might help a bit

Ixchel said:

not scrubbing at all. for the paste i just let it lob off a spatula onto my head so i don't touch anything, for the shampoo/bs i just let it run through, & for the bar i lather around my hair line & then let the water run it through. I use a jar to pour the water/shampoos onto my head, or i mermaid swish in the tub/bowl so i'm not actually touching or scrubbing the hair. trying to do as minimally invasive washing as i can.

to dry i just squeeze out some, shake lightly, drip & air dry for however long it takes.

i use sea salt sometimes a bit before i wash in a spray bottle, or in the baking soda when i use it. i also use the locking gel. i've been using it a bit more now because the sections are slowly becoming easier to pick out.

soaring eagle said:

--
Ixchel
@ixchel
12 years ago
597 posts

not a problem, i can give that a try. i only did it so that i wouldn't drip all over the bathroom floor, i actually wiped out in there yesterday & screwed up my knee...so ouch. but yeah i'll just throw a towel over my shoulders & go :)

i'm not too worried about things, it'll happen, it just might take a bit more time <3

thanks for the responses SE your input is always appreciated!

soaring eagle said:

only think i could possibly suggest changing is to stop the squeezing out

i cant guarantee it will help but its the only thing i can imagine might help a bit

☮MamaKittyLove
@mamakittylove
12 years ago
198 posts

So wait. With the Dreadlock Shampoo you pretty much just squeeze the soap into your hair and not scrub?

Ixchel
@ixchel
12 years ago
597 posts

i add some to a jar with some water & shake it, then pour it over my hair, half on top half underneath so i make sure it gets everywhere (i use my bs the same way). i think most ppl either just massage their roots or their hairline tho.

MamaKittyLove said:

So wait. With the Dreadlock Shampoo you pretty much just squeeze the soap into your hair and not scrub?

☮MamaKittyLove
@mamakittylove
12 years ago
198 posts

That's a great idea!!

/ 15

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form