Like this page? Then share it!
Dreadlocks Site Highly Recommends dreadlockshampoo.com

Dreadlocks site's servers are partialy funded by mining BTC on hashflare
any additional profits are donated to Fredoms Wings International Soaring for people with disabilities

Dreadlocks Forums

Ixchel- Journey to Natural Locks 2 years 9 months!

Ixchel
@ixchel
6 years ago
597 posts

when wrapping is there any specific type of wrap that may work better? Or just anything that holds some of the section together for a while? I have 3 different ways i know to do it (& i imagine possibilities are endless) just wondering if any are "better" than others.

soaring eagle said:

maybe try some hair wraps if beads wont stay just till u get a base knot going once the roots are starting to dread u can remove em

updated by @ixchel: 07/22/15 06:32:16AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
6 years ago
28,429 posts

well the fancier knotted wraps will last longer then the lazy old just wrap em round and round way

--
27 years growing dreadlocks the natural way
My dreads are over 9 feet long
Ixchel
@ixchel
6 years ago
597 posts

ok thanks, & what do you think about my washing? do i need to change something?

soaring eagle said:

well the fancier knotted wraps will last longer then the lazy old just wrap em round and round way

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
6 years ago
28,429 posts

when using the shampoo how are u scrubbing thats the only think i can guess at and are u doing sea salt at all that might help too

--
Ixchel
@ixchel
6 years ago
597 posts

not scrubbing at all. for the paste i just let it lob off a spatula onto my head so i don't touch anything, for the shampoo/bs i just let it run through, & for the bar i lather around my hair line & then let the water run it through. I use a jar to pour the water/shampoos onto my head, or i mermaid swish in the tub/bowl so i'm not actually touching or scrubbing the hair. trying to do as minimally invasive washing as i can.

to dry i just squeeze out some, shake lightly, drip & air dry for however long it takes.

i use sea salt sometimes a bit before i wash in a spray bottle, or in the baking soda when i use it. i also use the locking gel. i've been using it a bit more now because the sections are slowly becoming easier to pick out.

soaring eagle said:

when using the shampoo how are u scrubbing thats the only think i can guess at and are u doing sea salt at all that might help too

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
6 years ago
28,429 posts

only think i could possibly suggest changing is to stop the squeezing out

i cant guarantee it will help but its the only thing i can imagine might help a bit

Ixchel said:

not scrubbing at all. for the paste i just let it lob off a spatula onto my head so i don't touch anything, for the shampoo/bs i just let it run through, & for the bar i lather around my hair line & then let the water run it through. I use a jar to pour the water/shampoos onto my head, or i mermaid swish in the tub/bowl so i'm not actually touching or scrubbing the hair. trying to do as minimally invasive washing as i can.

to dry i just squeeze out some, shake lightly, drip & air dry for however long it takes.

i use sea salt sometimes a bit before i wash in a spray bottle, or in the baking soda when i use it. i also use the locking gel. i've been using it a bit more now because the sections are slowly becoming easier to pick out.

soaring eagle said:

--
Ixchel
@ixchel
6 years ago
597 posts

not a problem, i can give that a try. i only did it so that i wouldn't drip all over the bathroom floor, i actually wiped out in there yesterday & screwed up my knee...so ouch. but yeah i'll just throw a towel over my shoulders & go :)

i'm not too worried about things, it'll happen, it just might take a bit more time <3

thanks for the responses SE your input is always appreciated!

soaring eagle said:

only think i could possibly suggest changing is to stop the squeezing out

i cant guarantee it will help but its the only thing i can imagine might help a bit

☮MamaKittyLove
@mamakittylove
6 years ago
200 posts

So wait. With the Dreadlock Shampoo you pretty much just squeeze the soap into your hair and not scrub?

Ixchel
@ixchel
6 years ago
597 posts

i add some to a jar with some water & shake it, then pour it over my hair, half on top half underneath so i make sure it gets everywhere (i use my bs the same way). i think most ppl either just massage their roots or their hairline tho.

MamaKittyLove said:

So wait. With the Dreadlock Shampoo you pretty much just squeeze the soap into your hair and not scrub?

☮MamaKittyLove
@mamakittylove
6 years ago
200 posts

That's a great idea!!

/ 15

Dislike 0

Share This

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
Contact Form