Like this page? Then share it!
Dreadlocks Forums

My TnR timeline - update at 25 months

Sissemor
@sissemor
6 years ago
54 posts

So, apparently my dreads have NO respect for the whole journey concept. I mean, I thought this was going to be a slow development thing, but clearly I am not the one in control here ;-) Funny thing is, 5 years ago I started dreads with backcombing and palmrolling (no wax), and in 11 months not ONE of them locked up the way they have done now. Interesting, huh?

It's been 6 weeks now. My hair was about mid back when I started, and now I think the ones that have shrunk the least have lost about 4 inches in length, whereas the shortest have lost 13 inches, give or take.

So here are some pictures:

Day 1

Day 4

Day 13

Day 19

1 month

Shorty at 1 month :-)

6 weeks

The one that has shrunk the most, I think :-)

Happy dreaded me :-)

updated by @sissemor: 02/14/15 01:28:02PM
kris
@kris
6 years ago
39 posts
They're looking good! That about how my dreads looked around 6 weeks. The ones around the nape of my neck shrunk quick too. I think they're around 4 inches long now.
JESSICA EVA (Eva Lovelocks)
@jessica-eva-eva-lovelocks
6 years ago
217 posts
wow 6 weeks is awesome! looking great. i like your one month from behind picture. they look way older than that!
Sissemor
@sissemor
6 years ago
54 posts
Thanks :-) Although I can't take any credit, of course ;-)Kristy, the one I call Shorty (had to name it, it did the weirdest looping-up-and-down thing the first weeks and now feels very mature) is about 3 inches now :-)
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
6 years ago
27,420 posts
post this in jonny threwad he wanted examples of t&r dreadstheyre lookin great..

--
Creator and head dreadhead at:
Dreadlocks Site
Glider pilot student at:
Freedoms wings international
Sissemor
@sissemor
6 years ago
54 posts
Thanks, SE :-) Could you point me in the direction of his thread? In this subforum, or...?
kris
@kris
6 years ago
39 posts
http://www.dreadlockssite.com/xn/detail/3754945%3ATopic%3A190647 Heres the thread SE was talking about

Sissemor said:
Thanks, SE :-) Could you point me in the direction of his thread? In this subforum, or...?
NaturalWomyn
@naturalwomyn
6 years ago
849 posts
WOW! *Amazing* Progress and ~*Beautiful*~ Dreads!!!
Sissemor
@sissemor
6 years ago
54 posts
Thank you :-)Only thing is, I'm afraid to use beads - I fear they will get stuck because they lock up so fast LOL so had to learn peyote stitch to make some sleeves (oh horror - "having to" learn new and exciting crafts ;-)) They work well if I want to attempt to (temporarily) tame some loopyness.And for a while I was a little scared of how fat they seem to get in the middle part. If they all do this, my head will be a sputnik...

NaturalWomyn said:
WOW! *Amazing* Progress and ~*Beautiful*~ Dreads!!!
Vates
@vates
6 years ago
66 posts
Your dreads are progressing wonderfully its crazy how much they shrink makin me feel like its going to be years before mine get to my sholderslol
 / 5

Dislike 0

Share This

Tags

comments powered by Disqus