Dreadlocks Forums

AMPs Natural Timeline

P3RMAamp
@p3rmaamp
8 years ago
80 posts

☮ soaring eagle ॐ:

try to break that habit

Definitely working on it. I've come to realize I have many habits concerning my hair. Not only did I near obsessively keep my hair pushed behind my ears but I also used to pick at the ends, play with it and combed it with my hands a few times a day. It's been a major adjustment to learn to leave it the heck alone. 

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
8 years ago
29,640 posts

yea common issues for many people

wear a crystal, or even a lil piece of cloth on a cord around your neck.. and twiddle with that all day instead

some find any necklace will do but some find the texture of the cloth or cord  is more like hair so an easier transition

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
P3RMAamp
@p3rmaamp
8 years ago
80 posts

Updated. I'm loving the loopyness. It's so interesting how much quicker the right side of my head is progressing compared to the left. 

updated by @p3rmaamp: 10/26/16 11:47:33PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
8 years ago
29,640 posts

love them ;)

--
P3RMAamp
@p3rmaamp
8 years ago
80 posts

Well I'm sure it's fairly normal but I think it's a bit strange. The one area of my head that realy isn't doing much is the lower half of the back of my head. What is happening, is the shed hair there has been turning into knotted balls and falling out sometimes when I shower and sometimes just randomly throughout the day. The hair there is super silky and smooth so I'm thinking some salt soaks there should help. 

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
8 years ago
29,640 posts

it will yes but all the hairline hairs finer thinner and more prone to both oiliness, and being disturbed and unknotted when  say pushing your hair back, or moving on a pillow  so the hairline dreads last.. and always has some loose hairs waiting to dread..its like a dread farm always sprouting new drads but always having the seedlings (loose hairs) waiting to dread

you know that lil point of hair at the back of your neck? when that lil point dreads  you'll know they are 100% mature

really they can be considered mature years before that happens.. bjt point is whenthat happens its a monumental milestone simply because its that resistant to dreading

--
P3RMAamp
@p3rmaamp
8 years ago
80 posts

☮ soaring eagle ॐ:

it will yes but all the hairline hairs finer thinner and more prone to both oiliness, and being disturbed and unknotted when  say pushing your hair back, or moving on a pillow  so the hairline dreads last.. and always has some loose hairs waiting to dread..its like a dread farm always sprouting new drads but always having the seedlings (loose hairs) waiting to dread

you know that lil point of hair at the back of your neck? when that lil point dreads  you'll know they are 100% mature

really they can be considered mature years before that happens.. bjt point is whenthat happens its a monumental milestone simply because its that resistant to dreading

I definitely don't expect it to dread overnight it's only been about five weeks now. It's not just my hair line but basically the bottom 2/3 of my head. The dreaded areas on the top back of my head is the area where they are the tightest and most mature. So I just find it interesting and I'm enjoying seeing the differences.

updated by @p3rmaamp: 11/01/16 11:50:23PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
8 years ago
29,640 posts

its always entertaining to see what they do week by week

--
P3RMAamp
@p3rmaamp
8 years ago
80 posts

I also found that one of my stone(they called it bakerit snowstone)tunnels fits on some so I put it on one that's been sticking out. First 'bead'!

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
8 years ago
29,640 posts

i had a stone hematite ring in 1 years ago and an earing in another had crystals wrapped into many and at 1 point had bells in 2 so i jingled everywhere i went

--

/ 10

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form