Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

AMPs Natural Timeline

P3RMAamp
@p3rmaamp
8 years ago
80 posts

Since I'm starting to show some progress I decided it was time to start a timeline. I'm three weeks now. The right side of my head is definitely progressing way faster because I sleep on that side more. I've been forcing myself to sleep on the other side so those are actually doing something now. The biggest problem I've had is that since I'm no longer playing with my hair I'm chewing my finger nails more often. But you trade one habit for another. Side note. The only things I'm doing with my hair is separating and washing every four to five days with Vicki's Dreadlock Shampoo.

Week 4

img
img
img
img
img

Two Month Update

img
img
img
img

4 1/2 month update
wow has it really been over four months. They look mature between the tips and the scalp but the tips are still funky and the roots are still figuring it out. I also still have loose hair at the back of my head but it's progressing. Ignore my sunburnt nose.

imgimg
img

" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">http://i1133.photobucket.com/albums/m587/xymenah/IMG_2923_zpsadgtlad3.jpg[/IMG]

6 1/2 month UPDATE I can't believe it's been six and a half months now. Some days it feels like forever ago and some it feels like yesterday. The bottom of my head in the back is still pretty loose but it is starting to knot. The rest seems to have stopped shrinking and is now gaining length but I also have a ton of loose hair now too.

img
In fact guess who can put her hair up again now!
img
No more part line.
img
Another fun fact. My camera shows a small square of what it perceives is in the viewfinder. The camera kept showing a flower when it focused on a dread.
img
This last photo may not look too funny but let me explain. I had just come from a cattle show. And after looking in the mirror when I got home I realized the animals were not the only one with horns! No wonder I was getting funny looks.
img

Last photo is day 1

image.jpg
image.jpg  •  47KB

updated by @p3rmaamp: 04/19/17 10:37:34PM
P3RMAamp
@p3rmaamp
8 years ago
80 posts

Week 2

image.jpg
image.jpg  •  48KB

image.jpg
image.jpg  •  65KB

image.jpg
image.jpg  •  68KB

image.jpg
image.jpg  •  37KB

P3RMAamp
@p3rmaamp
8 years ago
80 posts

Week 3

image.jpg
image.jpg  •  34KB

image.jpg
image.jpg  •  45KB

image.jpg
image.jpg  •  58KB

image.jpg
image.jpg  •  70KB

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
8 years ago
29,640 posts

nice progress and nice curly hair for dreading :)

ps you can edit and add all photos inline by using the 2nd to last button in the toolbar above where you type

that says embed local media lets you add photos, vids, music anything.. then just update the 1st post by editing it (you can then reply that you updated it)

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
P3RMAamp
@p3rmaamp
8 years ago
80 posts

I was having issues with the images showing up out of order. I'll change them all to the first post when I have time. 

I did a salt water soak yesterday and it seems to have helped quite a bit. I can't wait to leave for Hawaii next month. I know that tropical weather and frequent trips to the beach will really help.

The only person that has said anything is one of my coworkes. She's absolutely fascinated by the changes and I keep catching her picking up the little baby dreads and counting them. 

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
8 years ago
29,640 posts

haha that's awesome and have fun in Hawaii

want to take me with you?

--
P3RMAamp
@p3rmaamp
8 years ago
80 posts

☮ soaring eagle ॐ:

haha that's awesome and have fun in Hawaii

want to take me with you?

I'm sure I will. It's going to be awesome working for a WWOOF associated farm learning permaculture and just enjoying Hawaii.

Not sure if you'd fit in my suitcase with all the rest of the people that are trying to fit in there. If I took everyone that wanted to come we would have to rent out a private jet! The lucky one is my dad. He's already been there six months. 

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
8 years ago
29,640 posts

i do know a lot of pilots

might just be able to arrange something

--
P3RMAamp
@p3rmaamp
8 years ago
80 posts

☮ soaring eagle ॐ:

i do know a lot of pilots

might just be able to arrange something

Haha. Now wouldn't that be fun.  

It seems many people have issues with the fine hair around their ears not locking up. I'm having the opisite problem. It's all matting together in one big clump. Probably because I push it behind my ears and my glasses. I hadn't separated it the last few days and had to rip it apart. Lost some length because I couldn't get the tips untangled so I just tore them off. On a good note the rest of my hair is staying decently separated. The last few days it's really starting to look a bit crazy. 

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
8 years ago
29,640 posts

try to break that habit

--
 / 10

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form