Like this page? Then share it!
Dreadlocks Forums

Two Strand Twist Timeline (June 2013 - June 2014)

Tay
@tay
2 years ago
43 posts

Hello all, this is my one year timeline, I've been dying to share this so I'm going to dive right into it. My hair is wavy when short, and thick when grown long. I twisted my hair a couple months after this picture.

These pictures are a day or two after they were twisted. The lady used some stuff that made them hard and stiff looking.

Month 1 - I didn't wash my hair for one month when having them. I know it may sound disgusting to many, but my scalp doesn't smell or get excessively itchy. But when I washed, a lot of the stuff she used to twist my hair came out and I was glad. They instantly felt softer.

Month 2 - From this moment on, I began to wash my hair once every two weeks which is still my routine to this day

Month 3 - I started using the BS/ACV Rinse and that helped a lot. My hair was much softer after using this method.

Month 4 - Roots tightening up and didn't have to separate so often.

Month 5

Month 6 - Hair feeling softer and softer as I continue to use BS/ACV rinse. Roots continuing to tighten up.

Month 7 - Started using biotin. Really noticed it working quickly because my nails were growing insanely fast

Month 8 - Noticing that the biotin is working.p. Still soft. Started using biotin. Still using BS /ACV wash. Most of the stuff used to twist my hair is gone from my scalp. A bit of breakage caused due to my excessive separating apart. Stopped using oil in my hair at this point

Month 9 - Started using Dr. Bronners

Month 10 - I can finally see and notice that they're growing. I stopped separating so often

Month 11 - Stopped using Dr Bronners, as it
was too damaging for my hair. At this point, I really liked them. At times I was relying on the fact that eventually they'll look better, but I finally liked how they looked.

Month 12 - Took this sometime this month. I was laying in them so they look a bit weird but here they are at one year.

So that's it. I really only made this for the chance that it could help someone trying to use a similar method. When I first decided to grow dreads, I didn't know how to go about getting them. I hope I can help someone who has the same questions. Throughout the year, I've learned a great deal of patience, letting them do what they do and trying not to interfere by separating so often, and to tune out negative opinions. Thanks for looking through my timeline. I'll post three or four month updates and probably stop when it hits year two.

updated by @tay: 02/14/15 04:10:44AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
2 years ago
27,402 posts

best 2 strand twist timeline so far the reason being u didnt retwist

however ill make 2 comments for the benifit of others who are plasnning to 2 strand twist

1 do not go to a salon if u doi do noyt alow them to put crap in that makes them hard

2 dont wait a month to wash

washing weekly or even more is better

ok that was for the benifit of others now for u the bsacv ,maybe too harsh for your hair

u might wanna try the dreadlockshampoo.com bars out they will keep em soft and well nourished

other then that ..woohoo i often expect the worse from these 2 strand twist timelines because of how much the retwisting is pushed but these are just awesome so healthy and strong and just the way dreads should be

they are dreads to be proud of and will be even more so as time goes on and growtth sets in to high gear

they had lil funky beginnings but turned out great a few months later aftrer washing out the crap the salon put in

--
Creator and head dreadhead at:
Dreadlocks Site
Glider pilot student at:
Freedoms wings international
Tay
@tay
2 years ago
43 posts

Thanks SE. I didn't plan on dreading my hair when I first twisted them. I was tired of having my afro so I thought I'd twist them. I ended up liking them so I just went with it. Now that they've grown, it's much easier getting the stuff out of my hair. The BS/ACV is a bit strong, so I only do it once a month. I am in the process of looking for a new shampoo as well.

NaturalDreads01
@naturaldreads01
2 years ago
172 posts

Man, your locks are looking outstanding. wishing you much love, peace, health and wealth! :D

Tay
@tay
2 years ago
43 posts

^^ Thank you very much. I wish you the same!!

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
2 years ago
27,402 posts

www.dreadlockshampoo.com the bars i cant recomend them highly enough

--
Creator and head dreadhead at:
Dreadlocks Site
Glider pilot student at:
Freedoms wings international
Tay
@tay
2 years ago
43 posts

I'll go ahead and try one out.

NaturalDreads01
@naturaldreads01
2 years ago
172 posts

I agree with SE.. If you ever have problems with dandruff, that tea tree bar works miracles! It has been the first thing to really help get rid of my dandruff.. It is wonderful stuff.

Tay
@tay
2 years ago
43 posts

Yeah my scalp gets a bit dry after I do the BS/ACV rinse, so I guess I'll try one out real soon.

taye
@taye
2 years ago
836 posts

I love to see all the changes that occur in the first year! Great timeline. Your dreads look wonderful!

/ 3

Dislike 0

Share This

Tags

comments powered by Disqus