Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Going to a water park tomorrow, rut roh.

Chloe H.
@chloe-h
11 years ago
17 posts

Will going in the water (pool) affect my hair?

updated by @chloe-h: 02/14/15 10:43:27AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

yes..it will get wet

and its mid winter (here at least) so will freeeeeze

maybe yoir in australia or somwhere warm in that case..it will just get wet

has your hair ever caugght fire from getting wet/

or melted?

or turned orange or green?

or glowed in the dark?

water has 1 effect on hair..gets it wet

u do wash it i hope right

oh

if it is chlorinated wet the dreds very well 1st to lessen water absorbtion (chlorine absorption i mean)

then wash after..but not with baking soda!

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

Soaring Eagle, I love your wit

Chloe H.
@chloe-h
11 years ago
17 posts

Well it's an indoor pool, it's in Indiana. So it's probably snowing there. The hotel I'm staying has a water park indoors. I do wash it, I just needed to know if it would mess up the dread process. I have the dreadlock shampoo by the way, I'm not using baking soda anymore. So it will be okay to go in the chlorine water?

soaring eagle said:

yes..it will get wet

and its mid winter (here at least) so will freeeeeze

maybe yoir in australia or somwhere warm in that case..it will just get wet

has your hair ever caugght fire from getting wet/

or melted?

or turned orange or green?

or glowed in the dark?

water has 1 effect on hair..gets it wet

u do wash it i hope right

oh

if it is chlorinated wet the dreds very well 1st to lessen water absorbtion (chlorine absorption i mean)

then wash after..but not with baking soda!

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

ofcourse but u just wanna limmit how much u soak up so soak well in fresh unchlorinated water 1st

have fun

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Chloe H.
@chloe-h
11 years ago
17 posts

Thanks again so much SE :)

soaring eagle said:

ofcourse but u just wanna limmit how much u soak up so soak well in fresh unchlorinated water 1st

have fun

the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

Have fun. Just before you go in the water, shower and get your hair nice and soaked. At the end of your fun time shower all that chlorine out really well. Here's a tip for you: always use a towel the same colour as your hair, that way any towel lint that goes in your hair will not be noticed. :)

Nimbostratus
@nimbostratus
11 years ago
30 posts
I don't feel like this question is ridiculous. I was kinda wondering the same thing. In the summer i spend a lot of time in chlorinated pools and my hair gets pretty dry from it over time if i don't use aloe rid clarifying shampoo (by nexus). I'm assuming like pretty much all shampoos it will leave residue so I'm not sure what to use. I will be sure to rinse my hair often with plain water but if baking soda shouldn't be used afterward, what should? I wouldn't worry about it if you don't swim often though.
KnotLady
@knotlady
11 years ago
300 posts

yes. it will dread faster due to dryness from the chlorine. i went swimming alot last summer for a week in a pool and developed large flat mats at the back, but those are cool because they dread the fastest and the flat round parts are now sucking themselves into the dreads, so now i just have pretty mature dreads back there. make sure to separate and be careful because i can/will make your hair brittle if youre not careful.

Chloe H.
@chloe-h
11 years ago
17 posts
Well what I'm just going to rinse my hair with water. I used my dreadlock shampoo this morning. & thanks for not thinking this question is ridiculous lol
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form