Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
11 years ago
2,702 posts

Maybe I lucked out in HS. The were no cliques tat only certain"types" fit into. The jocks smoked pot with the stoners. The stoners hung out with he nerds. It was pretty all-inclusive. That said, I didn't have a lasing set of locks when I was in hs. I did have a few different mohawks and wore all black and a black leather trench coat. So I stood out. I wanted to, in a way. People used to think I would shoot up the school. But the teachers and kids in my grade knew better and put the underclassmen at ease.
People will stare at you. People will judge you. HS isn't as bad as middle school, but it's still chock full of people finding their own path. If you like the one you're on, stick with it and ignore everyone else.
The people who you want to be around you, won't judge you. If they do, they aren't good people to be around. Of course friends may make fun of your hair. It's how they do it that matters. If it's all in good fun, laugh back. If they are mean about it, laugh anyway. You know you look funny right now. All baby locks look funny. Hell, all mature locks look funny. It's nappy crazy hair. Look at Einstein. Everyone makes fun of his wild hair. That doesn't mean we respect him less because of it.
If you prove yourself to be a well adjusted, intelligent, friendly person, people will overlook anything odd about your appearance.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form