Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Dealing with less than positive reactions

B likes Tea
@b-likes-tea
12 years ago
21 posts

So, a few weeks ago I decided to post a picture of myself on facebook, my unofficial "unveiling" for my now 4 month old dreadlocks. I got a several nice comments, but then I got a comment from an older, very conservative-minded man from my old church (to whom I have NO hard feelings for). I have always been shy and always let myself be walked on. I feel like, since having dreadlocks, I started to learn to love and stand up for myself, so I'm proud of myself for I handled the situation. I'm not trying to put myself on a pedestal or anything, I just thought I would share with you all =]

Here's how things went down:

Hopefully that's legible! If it weren't for you all, I don't think I would have been able to make it this far, so thank you all for being an inspiration to me =]

updated by @b-likes-tea: 02/14/15 05:20:07AM
taye
@taye
12 years ago
833 posts

I am so proud of you! You handled the situation perfectly!!!! Kudos!!!

Kimberly Eve
@kimberly-eve
12 years ago
59 posts
Excellent response! You are gorgeous and I hope mine look like yours in four months! :)
taye
@taye
12 years ago
833 posts

and btw You my dear are absolutely beautiful.....too bad the older gentleman was too blinded by what society has labeled attractive to see how truly lovely you are!

Tom Elsby
@tom-elsby
12 years ago
1 posts

Great response! not a chance of arguing with that!

Mons
@mons
12 years ago
518 posts
You are beautiful, and dreads make you look like a gentle soul. You handled that wonderfully.
Κύριε Ελέησόν
@κύριε-ελέησόν
12 years ago
92 posts
You handled that wonderfully!!! Best wishes and lots of love as you continue your journey! :)
Star Gryphon
@star-gryphon
12 years ago
190 posts

A great answer to someone who was trying to guilt you into conforming to his standard of beauty! Confidence is beauty! Believing you are beautiful without the validation of others...amazing!

Kristian Brooks
@kristian-brooks
12 years ago
12 posts

This is amazing..

Rose
@rose
12 years ago
102 posts

I found it interesting how he tried to tell you that your un-dreaded hair was more "beautiful and natural" than your dreads. He even said all else than inner beauty and natural beauty is "costume"! Isn't he missing the point? Dreads are all about natural and inner beauty!

/ 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form