Like this page? Then share it!
Dreadlocks Site Highly Recommends dreadlockshampoo.com

Dreadlocks site's servers are partialy funded by mining BTC on hashflare
any additional profits are donated to Fredoms Wings International Soaring for people with disabilities

Dreadlocks Forums

not sure whether to go full dread,

Amber4
@amber4
6 years ago
4 posts

recently i dreaded the whole under layer of my hair. with about 14 dreads total. theyre not too noticable. unless i wear my hair half up/half down. or in a bun and let some hang. i really like them so far. i wanted to wait a while and make sure i got used to them once they locked up, but i decided already that i want to do my whole hair, except for my fringe/bangs.

the only thing that is keeping me from this is, i am still young. 19. so even though i love them right now, when i am done at university i am probably, most likely going to want to take them out. i know that you can take them out with lots of conditioner, a comb, and patience, but i was afraid that when they are all out, my hair will be very thin and short.

i already have very short hair to begin with. i had a bad experience when i was 17 with my hair because id bleached it blonde and it melted. after that i had hair way above my shoulders. it took me three years to get it just below my shoulders. its very weak from alot of straightening, although i dont dye it anymore. anyway, the point here is, im wondering, will full dreads really damage my hair that much? will it be a significant difference? i dont want to regret it :(

updated by @amber4: 01/13/15 09:33:56PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
6 years ago
28,419 posts

if it dreads naturaly theres no damage tnr hardly anfy backcomb damages the hair but not o the extent of losing alot

crochet ..extreme damage and hair loss

but when u dread you will never want to talke em out and if for some reason u do your going to be dreading again within a year

so u might as well keep em

some go through 5 or 6 sets before realizing they gotta stay for life

--
27 years growing dreadlocks the natural way
My dreads are over 9 feet long
Dislike 0

Share This

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
Contact Form