Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

A major setback.. again??**SIGH***

FoxyFresh
@foxyfresh
15 years ago
105 posts
my hair is boyishly short thats why I wanted to coil comb it.. the lady at the salon chopped my hair off(GRR!) off she didn't even cut my hair evenly..My hair is long in the front and it gets shorter going towards the back..i took out my braids today, I had them in for 4months.I've been getting advice all day some people tell me to cutt my hair and start over... other people tell me i can go ahead and dread.. i just have to do my hair a different way.. My friend today.. told me i should go ahead and seperate my hair in sections with a rubber band. when i go to comb coil it i should put the shorter hair with the longer hair (basically combine sections)... I'm not even sure what she said myself, lol..But i don't know what to do because the last two times i went to the salon were tragic.. and I don't even know how to cut my hair properly.. what should i do?This isn't the first time I've had a problem I have been trying to grow dreads since the beginning of the year.. 5months ago.. my hair was good. I was just going to go get it trimmed until that happened.. and now.. its still a problem its like i'm dealing with so much crap.. and i haven't even started day 1 yet..Its really making me feel down, because there's always a problem. I feel like I'm cursed.. i really do..
updated by @foxyfresh: 02/14/15 03:31:51AM
Angel
@angel
15 years ago
77 posts
I've never really trusted any place that would cut hair for that reason. I mean they can mess up at anytime. I've always just let my sister cut my hair. But don't feel down, I maybe going thru all this now. But when you get to where you want to be and see your dreads coming along nice. It will be all worth it, nothing is easy. Keep your head up!!
Blonde Dready
@blonde-dready
15 years ago
84 posts
Fuck salons, they destroy hair. U should just let ur hair dread and go to the beach alot and never go to another salon. U hair will grow and dread as it pleases =D have fun and enjoy the experience. No matter what u do i am sure ur dreads will look amazing
Iain
@iain
15 years ago
844 posts
avoid all the suggestions of cutting your hair again, lolyou know, you reminded me of myself, I was about to just say something else be4 I remembered that I to was getting frustrated by alot of setbacks be4 i finally started dreading, "work, hair length, getting someone to help me backcomb my hair, *I was under the impression then that that would be in my best interest plus wax"however to me its clear that you have such determination and outstanding will, that you will have dreads in your future,in the meantime, just keep focused and don't panic, you're doing great and you've learned alot more recently than others who keep trying to grow dreads and end up removing them for various reasons.
echolynnrain
@echolynnrain
15 years ago
72 posts
Agreeing with Rev Nira...you're face is gorgeous so you could totally pull off a short doo for now till they grow. ;)
Zynobek
@zynobek
15 years ago
21 posts
Also agreeing with Rev Nira & echolynnrain,Loc'ing is a wonderful experience, I've had my hair cut, bleached and basically destoyed until I found my way...(took 10 years...LOL)You've have an advantage...you've found this site early in your process ;-)Everyone here is so supportive and willing to help...Natural is beautiful...you'll be just fine.
tha tron
@tha-tron
15 years ago
147 posts
yeah I know what you mean though stuff comes up you get bad advice ect. My problem was that I wanted thick locks. You know how slow black folks hair grows so I couldn't wait long enough to have my hair get to the desired length so that I could have thicker locks. The more you obsess over your hair the worst off you are... trust me I have no hair now.. because I wanted a change I ended up destroying my hair. just don't think about it so much don't let your hair own you. Do what you set out to do and then let your hair be don't fuss over it.
FoxyFresh
@foxyfresh
15 years ago
105 posts
Yeah.. I'm just going to trim it and to w/e lol:D
Matted Dew
@matted-dew
15 years ago
213 posts
no worryshair and grass always a'growinso stop cuttin then u get the length u wants
FoxyFresh
@foxyfresh
15 years ago
105 posts
:DD
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form