Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

People these days.........

Naked Naturalist
@naked-naturalist
12 years ago
88 posts

So i wanted to make this forum to tell everyone how annoyed i am. ive had this guy friend for about a year id say. and i just hung out with him yesterday. he drinks a lot and is headstrong, perhaps more than me. his ignorance actually got to me yesterday, to the point where i wanted to scream at him. i actually kept my cool which is good. he told me he talked to a Caucasian female and she told him she was able to get dreads by not washing her hair. then he proceeded to tell me i shouldnt have dreads because i am not African American. so i went ahead to prove my point yadayada, and i told him to smell my dreads. (cause i literally just washed them with nag champa so they smelled great). he said ewww i dont wanna know what your hair smells like, its probably nasty. everyone there smelled my hair and felt my hair and was surprised that its soft and smells great and looks clean. everyone that asks me if i wash my hair always ends up walking away enlightened that i actually do, and you're suppose to! dreads are clean! anyways this guy just wouldn't give it up! he was convinced he was right. hes around 40 years old, so im pretty sure hes brainwashed, and thats all hes known so he wont change his views. i eventually told him to shut his trap and his ignorance isnt needed any further in the conversation. people these days.... will they ever learn to open their mind and be a free thinker?

updated by @naked-naturalist: 01/13/15 09:22:32PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

drunk idiots are idiots and when drunk theres no reasoning with them

chances are if he didnt drink so mucvh youd be able to get through to him

but alcahol fucks with the mind making stupid people stupider while at the same time strokingtheir egos making them believe they are always right in every situation

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Naked Naturalist
@naked-naturalist
12 years ago
88 posts

i despise it. he got so drunk one night he wanted to have a dance off with me. he stripped down into his boxers and starting dancing like a chicken.but being totally oblivious to what i was getting myself into i agreed to have a dance off. everyone agreed that i was better. and still he told me i sucked and he was better because he moved his feet fast.... no sense in arguing with someone who's an idiot anyways..

Tara C
@tara-c
12 years ago
644 posts

Some people are so stuck in their ways that no amount of proof will convince them otherwise. That, or he's one of those people who are just so stubborn that they'll continue to say they're right even though they know they're wrong. It's incredibly frustrating, but not everyone is open-minded.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

not everyone is open minded..or worth wasting your time on

--
Marwin
@marwin
12 years ago
2 posts
The thing I have the biggest problem with, aside from the stereotype that dreads are dirty, is that he believes you shouldn't wear them because of the fact that you are Caucasian. It's something I've heard quite a bit about before, and it's pure ignorance. It's especially ignorant, borderline racist, coming from a white guy's mouth. It is actually rather sad that there are people today who can be so closed minded. Cultural appropriation does not include wearing locks, because locks are culturally significant to so many different people. Just my humble opinion.
Naked Naturalist
@naked-naturalist
12 years ago
88 posts

i totally agree.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

without cultural appropriation many cultures wouldnt know how to fish sail or write

when one culture traveled to a new land they exposed them to new technologies that wre adopted and used if the 1st sailers said you cant use boats thats cultural appropriation then the entire world would be thousands of years behind

--
Marwin
@marwin
12 years ago
2 posts
Yessir, It is evolution of the human race. Of course, we're preaching to the choir on these forums, more or less. Haven't seen much ignorance, if any, on this site. Hope your pal wakes up, it's never too late!

soaring eagle said:

without cultural appropriation many cultures wouldnt know how to fish sail or write

when one culture traveled to a new land they exposed them to new technologies that wre adopted and used if the 1st sailers said you cant use boats thats cultural appropriation then the entire world would be thousands of years behind

Naked Naturalist
@naked-naturalist
12 years ago
88 posts

trust me, hes longgg gone. too late for him would have been 20 years ago.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form