Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Dreadlocks Emotional Journey

ElaurenG
@elaureng
13 years ago
19 posts
I hope you decide to keep them as well. They have taught you such a valuable lesson about healthy love which includes self-love. Loving someone else doesn't mean abandoning love for yourself. Actually, I think healthy self-love makes you more confident and attractive to your mate. You were in that place of self-love when this man originally found you and was attracted to you. Then the shift of all your love to him only, may have been too extreme for the both of you...I don't know if that had anything to do with his leaving the relationship or not,but it happens that way in relationshipsall the time.Anyway, let your dreads be the sirens on the shores of your heart, calling you back to yourself. May they be ropes of rescue holding you secure to weatherthis storm. Reclaim them as symbols of self-love. Prayers for comfort and blessings heading your way.
updated by @elaureng: 07/23/15 08:06:25AM
babylon
@babylon
13 years ago
27 posts
Just get rid of the beads if it makes you feel better and start working on yoursef again.
hippiegal
@hippiegal
13 years ago
182 posts
Sirens on the shores of your heart, calling you back to yourself - what a beautiful line! Thanks, ElaurenG. Sending you all love and warm vibes - especially now to you, Lisasimpson.

ElaurenG said:
I hope you decide to keep them as well. They have taught you such a valuable lesson about healthy love which includes self-love. Loving someone else doesn't mean abandoning love for yourself. Actually, I think healthy self-love makes you more confident and attractive to your mate. You were in that place of self-love when this man originally found you and was attracted to you. Then the shift of all your love to him only, may have been too extreme for the both of you...I don't know if that had anything to do with his leaving the relationship or not,but it happens that way in relationshipsall the time.Anyway, let your dreads be the sirens on the shores of your heart, calling you back to yourself. May they be ropes of rescue holding you secure to weatherthis storm. Reclaim them as symbols of self-love. Prayers for comfort and blessings heading your way.
Electric Mama
@electric-mama
13 years ago
80 posts
Hey there love, I think you should keep sticking with your dread journey. They are YOUR dreads, YOU put the thoughts and feelings into them. My dreads started when I was married, from there me and my husband have gone through a divorce. He hated my dreads, he wanted me to take them out. It was like he stopped loving me because of them, he also made me take of my piercings when we got married, and I was ok with that. As time went on I realized that he should be loving me, and that a hair style should not prevent that. It took me a lot of inner strength to not let him control me any more. So I stuck with my dreads, and after healing, my dreads have grown a lot. Some times it takes growing into your self first. I finally found who I am, and I am so happy that I didn't let him take that away from me. A true love well love you in every way, and if he dumped you then you are better off!! It wasn't meant to be! So keep your chin up, and keep going on with YOUR journey. You create your own path in life, and never let any one take that away from you!!
ExaltHimx7
@exalthimx7
13 years ago
336 posts
xo to you sweetie...

/ 2
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form