Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Natural process 9 months.. doubts

christina bird
@c-bird
11 years ago
54 posts

u've come so far! they look unique and beautiful yeah not the best phase but ur journey'll perhaps start going uphill sooner than u expect to..

if u cut them, then u'll probably spend a lotta time wondering what if u'd have been just a lil more patient it woulda turned out just fine..

i cut my first set of dreads n i regretted it cuz later i figured i coulda fixed them n then i felt like shit >_<

updated by @c-bird: 07/22/15 05:42:54AM
DreadBruja
@dreadbruja
11 years ago
44 posts

Don;t give up, man!! They look magnificent!! Everyone's right, it is a journey, and sometimes you don't feel like you're getting what you want, but you will. I will too. I promise, just be patient, my friend!!

KnotLady
@knotlady
11 years ago
300 posts

those are great!!! why would you want to cut them. they remind me of mine so im biased because i love mine :D

Kato
@kato
11 years ago
18 posts
hey dude, stick in there, they look just how they should at nine months, before you know it the ends will curl up and form blunt ends and in a couple of months youll wonder what you were thinking:) im only at 17 months now, i think the hardest bit is accepting that its a long process to get to where youve imagined theyll look, but youll get there and theyll be awesome, and be completly unique to you!peace to you.
KnotLady
@knotlady
11 years ago
300 posts

hey those loose ends are a good thing and they wont necessarily blunt up nor should they. they look fine as it is.
Kato said:

hey dude, stick in there, they look just how they should at nine months, before you know it the ends will curl up and form blunt ends and in a couple of months youll wonder what you were thinking:) im only at 17 months now, i think the hardest bit is accepting that its a long process to get to where youve imagined theyll look, but youll get there and theyll be awesome, and be completly unique to you!
peace to you.
Mikhail Ceballo
@mikhail-ceballo
11 years ago
20 posts

I think they look great man! Ultimately its up to you but i would say it depends why you are considering cutting them. If its solely because you don't like the way they're looking i would definitely say don't do it. They're looking great for nine months and when they're fully mature they will look really good.

Pete
@pete
11 years ago
67 posts

I gotta be totally honest with you.

Those dreadlocks are sick, don't give them up ! Jah Bless!

Mama Amandier
@mama-amandier
11 years ago
8 posts

I hope you didn't decide to cut them. They look like they're growing perfectly to me. I've been growing my locks 9 months now too and I don't think they're as far along as yours.

Will4
@will4
11 years ago
4 posts

Richard, I think those look GREAT for 9 months!

Did you end up keeping them?

It's just my opinion, but if you did and you're still thinking about it, I think you should stick it out and see where a little more time takes you.

Besides, I'm just starting out with neglect, so I'm going to need you to be here with updated pics in 8-9 months to remind me to hang in there too ;-)

Ixchel
@ixchel
11 years ago
597 posts

i think they look amazing! i would have been over the moon if mine looked like that by 9 months...or now at 16 months lol they seem like you've had some great progress.

/ 3

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form