Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Melatonin

Kelly3
@kelly3
11 years ago
333 posts

CJ, you really need to stop telling people to stare at the sun. Look up solar retinopathy.

James, if I were you I would stop taking it. Start exercising in the morning. Nothing makes you sleep better than physical exhaustion. A run, cycle or swim will work wonders. Anything that gets the heart rate going.

There are also other little tricks, such as having a hot shower shortly before bed, not watching too much TV or playing games before bed and avoiding strong lights.

updated by @kelly3: 07/23/15 04:31:50PM
James Colby Justice
@james-colby-justice
11 years ago
75 posts

I'm certainly not opposed toherb or closed minded towards what it. As a matter of fact I think it can be a positive thing and strongly believe that it should be legalized. I'm also a completely different person than I was three years ago in that I'm wiser and more responsible so who knows?

Castaway J
@castaway-j
11 years ago
585 posts

Ok, looked it up and what is your point? It is one of many suggestions that are true. It is not that I should stop telling people all viable options they have available, but it is that you must unlearn what you have been learned your whole life.

As stated when originally suggested, do your due diligence and research the subject. I could tell you, but would only be met with more denials on the subject. Naturally, be smart.

Kelly said:

CJ, you really need to stop telling people to stare at the sun. Look up solar retinopathy.

Justin, if I were you I would stop taking it. Start exercising in the morning. Nothing makes you sleep better than physical exhaustion. A run, cycle or swim will work wonders. Anything that gets the heart rate going.

There are also other little tricks, such as having a hot shower shortly before bed, not watching too much TV or playing games before bed and avoiding strong lights.

Kelly3
@kelly3
11 years ago
333 posts

What's my point? Staring at the sun causes damage to the retinas. You'd do well to heed your own advise. Staring at the sun is idiotic. Lots of people are verysuggestible and you clearly are too, so you should stop telling people to do such reckless things. You play retard by yourself and leave others vision intact.

Sorry to detract from your post, James.

Castaway J said:

Ok, looked it up and what is your point? It is one of many suggestions that are true. It is not that I should stop telling people all viable options they have available, but it is that you must unlearn what you have been learned your whole life.

As stated when originally suggested, do your due diligence and research the subject. I could tell you, but would only be met with more denials on the subject. Naturally, be smart.

Kelly said:

Justin, if I were you I would stop taking it. Start exercising in the morning. Nothing makes you sleep better than physical exhaustion. A run, cycle or swim will work wonders. Anything that gets the heart rate going.

amethyst777
@amethyst777
11 years ago
95 posts

I feel the need to chime in here... I'm not disagreeing with anybody, just telling my own story.

I worked in a nursing home and found that where they used to give Benedryl (which leaves you really feeling hung over) for sleep, they have switched over to Melatonin. It doesn't leave them so hung over and doesn't appear to interact with other meds. You be surprised how much medicines residence in nursing homes take, it's crazy!

Anyhow the residents at the nursing home take it along with pain meds, anxiety meds, and all kinds of different meds, without anywhere near the ill effects caused by stuff like Benedryl.

As for weed, I really miss good old fashion REGULAR weed. The stuff these days is way to strong for me. I go into complete panic attack mode. Even from just 1 or 2 hits. If I ever find some of the old stuff, it's great for sleep for me, but it's really hard to come by. I'm not sure what the difference is in the stuff these days, but I can't stand the feeling it gives me.

Having said all that... I take 10mgs of Melatonin several times a week. Not necessarilyevery night but it's the only thing I've found that will shut off the random thoughts that keep me awake at times.Every timeI take Melatonin I wake up almost exactly 7 hours later and feel great and rested. I never felt any kind of high from it at all. I never built up a tolerance, it just didn't work at all until I got to 9-10mgs. So I take 2, 5mgs tablets, or 3, 3mgs tablets. May partner takes 3mgs every single night and has done so for at least 4 years! Neither of us have unusual dreams. Nothing different than before we found the Melatonin.

I'm not making any suggestions, just telling my own experience with it. I think you just have to experiment and see what works for you. Be careful, and ask your Dr. about it. Just because I mentioned that the residence at the nursing home take it with other meds, does NOT mean you should. PLEASE talk to your Dr. about it first. I was just trying to point out how mild it seems to be.

I did try Ambian once, and it was horrible. I got up and did things around the house and chatted with people online and even sent emails that I had no memory of the next day. Now that was scary!

Oh one last thing.... with Melatonin, there is about a 30 min window to go to sleep in. After that it's gone. So if you do choose to take it, take it and lay down within about 15 mins and you should drift off to sleep. If you wait past about 30mins, it's gone and won't do any good for falling asleep.

Take care!

Castaway J
@castaway-j
11 years ago
585 posts

Damn man, really? No need for those words brother. I have been practicing this for about three months, and know others who still practice after a year or gazing every single morning. From your narrow point of view, it appears to me that you have yet to even research the subject completely. If you set your ego aside you might see that you are simply limiting your own ability to live a healthier and happier life my friend.

"Don't knock it till you try it." let alone research it, instead of what we have beenprogrammedto think...think about it.

Kelly said:

What's my point? Staring at the sun causes damage to the retinas. You'd do well to heed your own advise. Staring at the sun is idiotic. Lots of people are verysuggestible and you clearly are too, so you should stop telling people to do such reckless things. You play retard by yourself and leave others vision intact.

Sorry to detract from your post, James.

Castaway J said:

Kelly said:

amethyst777
@amethyst777
11 years ago
95 posts

I watched a documentary a while back on sun gazing. The guy had an eye exam before and after... He did say he felt better when he was sun gazing, BUT... when he had his eyes checked at the end of the month, he DID have retinal damage... so.. yeah, just be careful with it, you maybe causing damage and not realizing it. Just concerned about you my friend.

Kelly3
@kelly3
11 years ago
333 posts

I'm tired of battling other peoples stupidity. When you preach damaging practices, you need to be reprimanded.Polite words often don't hit home. I stand by everything I said.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

kelly your the oposite of suggestable you have a very closed mind..

anything and everything that doesnt fit yoir veey narrow viewpoint u call hogwash impossible and bad for you

id warn ppl not to be so close minded

its pure stupidity to belioeve u knlw everything and other possibilities dont exist

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Castaway J
@castaway-j
11 years ago
585 posts

You stand by ignorance. The only thing being battled over is your own stupidity, and ego. Stillhaven'tresearched have you?

Also your reprimand is worthless, and based on absolutely nothing but your own egotistical opinion. Please be done.

@amethyst- I did my due diligence when i first heard about this. Instead of wondering and thinking about who might be right, or who might be wrong, I decided to find out for myself. Plus people who have 40+ years experience, and are enlightening people around the globe cant be wrong. I can see further than before, and my eyes adjust very quickly to light and darkness. I can make a list of benefits I have come to personally realize, but it SIMPLY KEEPS GROWING :D

Let the light into your life Kelly.

/ 11

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form