Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Melatonin

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,639 posts

valarians an excelent suggestion..in moderation an d ..reduce the melatonin to a maximum of 3 mg u can get a mix of 3mg melatonin with valarian that will be like a strong melatonin dose without overdosing on the melatonin

skulcap and perhaps lobelia might be worth researching too but i would stop the melatonin for 30 days while u readjust use valarian then if you stilneed it then use the lowest dose u can ofeach

youve beenb taking double whats concidered safe for awhile..so expect the transition to be a lil riugh possibly

Sara Gray said:

and its actually your pineal gland and its located in the very bottom back side of your brain, but do what you think is best..try meditation, and herbal teas..chamomile..even Valerian root but alternate and try not to do it excessively..its up to you god bless

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

updated by @soaring-eagle: 07/23/15 04:21:25AM
Sara Gray
@sara-gray
11 years ago
27 posts

yeah, i used to only take a half of one but then took a whole one..they actually sell 100mg of melatonin at CVS its ridiculous...drinking the chamomile and mint 'sleepy time 'tea(2bags instead of one) will help. thanks for the info SE

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,639 posts

i believe thats gotta be 100 micrograms not miligrams or something wich is a low dose

ive always heard the max dose u should ever take was 3mg

--
Kelsey Cliche!
@kelsey-cliche
11 years ago
122 posts
From what I understand, melatonin should be used temporarily to help readjust your sleep pattern. Eventually you build up a tolerance and it takes more to work, which can be dangerous. Small doses of melatonin worked for me for a whole, but then I started getting side pain along with it, so I quit. Are you on any other meds? I would speak with your doctor about it to make sure they don't interfere or at least to make sure your dosage is safe. Also be careful with mixing alcohol or other depressants with sleep aids. Shutting off electronics an hour before bed, learning to meditate, or re-evaluating your room can help. I sleep so much better when I kick my fidgety, snoring dog out. :) Good luck!
Kelsey Cliche!
@kelsey-cliche
11 years ago
122 posts
Worked for a while* bah autocorrect...
James Colby Justice
@james-colby-justice
11 years ago
75 posts

Sorry for the late response everyone! This all makes sense. I've always struggled with sleep and over the summer my disorder worsened. I've tried getting on a regular sleeping schedule even without the melatonin but my bouts of insomnia always seem to mess that up. It's strange though... I've always had really intense dreams even before I discovered melatonin but the hormone does in fact increase the frequency of these dreams. I've also tried meditation which works sometimes. I've never tried sungazing though... but I've always known that seratonin is great for sleeping. I REALLY appreciate the advice guys! I think I may try to weene myself off of it but I really have no idea how to completely conquer the anxiety. By nature I tend to overthink and worry about little things which can cause the insomnia and even intense panic attacks.

James Colby Justice
@james-colby-justice
11 years ago
75 posts

Also, I don't take any other kind of medication. It scares the hell out of me to take something that is unatural, let alone melatonin. (which is why I posted in the first place)

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,639 posts

do u smoke herb if so how much

small doses can help but the problem is ppl smoke 2 hits and think wow that helped then next tu-ime smoke 10 and thnk hmm i still have anxier=ty maybe i need to smoke more so they end up smoiking all day every day trying to st[]op the anxiety but smoking too much is whats cai=usimg it

anxiety and depression both are helped by low ocassional doses but worsened by large constant doses

--
James Colby Justice
@james-colby-justice
11 years ago
75 posts

Actually I don't smoke herb at all. Occasionally I'll have a few beers or a glass of wine but I NEVER take melatonin on days that I drink even though I don't drink heavily at all. I've tried herb in the past and honestly I didn't enjoy the experience at all. Even after six times! I figured that it just wasn't for me. I haven't touched it in three years.

Castaway J
@castaway-j
11 years ago
585 posts

well, my take on the Herb, is that it helps to surface problems that you need to work on. I for one, used to get paranoid as shit but I kept smoking lol and realized that this was the case. It is a tool to help further ones spirituality, if i partake before bed, I am meditating myself to sleep. always trying to make best use of herb now, instead of simply getting high as was the case for too long.

/ 11

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form