Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Melatonin

James Colby Justice
@james-colby-justice
11 years ago
75 posts

Does anyone here know of any long term effects from taking melatonin every night in order to sleep? I used to suffer from severaly mood disorders and still suffe from generalized anxiety disorder and my sleeping cycles have been effected dramatically because of this condition. Are there any negative side effects? I take 5-6mg every night.

updated by @james-colby-justice: 02/14/15 04:56:56AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,639 posts

never take over 3 mg!

its a hormone your throwing youir hormones out of ballance and it can negativly affect you mentaly not to mention the horific vivid dreams it causes

it can really screw u up if u keep overdosing and using it daily

its safe to use daily only if u never take more then 3 mg

i would sti=op completely a month to let your hormones settle down then take only ass needed and only 3 mg or less

also u wont need it at all if u allow a natural sleep schedule

i used to try to force myself to sleep early enough but when it came to 4 or 5 and i wasnt asleep id start the net day and go 4 days without sleep

then i started letting myself fall asleep when i used to give up on sleep..4-6 am and now i sleep just fne but only 4 or 5 till 10 or 11

our anxiety is probly way over exagerated from usimg melatonin too much

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Castaway J
@castaway-j
11 years ago
585 posts

No I do not think that there are eeven any, it is a naturally produced chemical. within your brain. If I were you though, and I come from personal experience from the same issues, I would consider Sun or Solar gazing. It has helped me overcome the many chemical imbalances within the body, helping me to not be depressed any more, helping me to love life every day, and helping propel me on my spiritual journey. I do not wish to see anyone in pain and suffering, and hope that this will help you if you decide to give it a try. research first though of course brother. or pm me :)

Castaway J
@castaway-j
11 years ago
585 posts

I used to have this issue when I was a teen with going to sleep, on average, laying in bed for 3 hours before actually sleeping. I found a type of guided sleep mediation that taught me to still my mind. when trying to sleep think of a small white cloud in the center of all your thoughts and then go ahead and expand it, eventually pushing all your thoughts out of focus till all that is left are fluffy white clouds. and BOOM your asleep :) its almost second nature now. but meditating before sleep helps tons too. i usually end up meditating, and falling alseep during.

Castaway J
@castaway-j
11 years ago
585 posts

which btw, i think has led to some pretty amazing lucid dreams :)

Castaway J said:

I used to have this issue when I was a teen with going to sleep, on average, laying in bed for 3 hours before actually sleeping. I found a type of guided sleep mediation that taught me to still my mind. when trying to sleep think of a small white cloud in the center of all your thoughts and then go ahead and expand it, eventually pushing all your thoughts out of focus till all that is left are fluffy white clouds. and BOOM your asleep :) its almost second nature now. but meditating before sleep helps tons too. i usually end up meditating, and falling alseep during.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,639 posts

its a hormone produced by a gland in the basck of the eylid when exposed to darkness

seratonin is a hormone produced in the brain too as well as many others

you start messing witth your brain chemistry you will cause issues especialy when you take a normal brain not lacking in anything..one in ballance then disturb that ballance like thaking lythium when there no cause to

but closing yoiur eyes and shutting off the lights produces melatonin if for some reason its not producing enough them you may take an appropriate ammount to compensate

1/3 mg to 3 mg..never over 3

some use 6 even 9 to get a "high" thats just u=intence dreams but thats because they are throwing the brain vchemistry out of ballance and doing it over li[=ong periods can cause a whackinesss thats persistent

i had to stop takig it even tho i only took 3 mg max and on just ocasional use cause the dreams were way too intence and disturbing

--
Castaway J
@castaway-j
11 years ago
585 posts

Also note that watching TV or staring at a monitor for hours on end alters the chemistry within your brain as well, keeping you up longer. I stopped watching TV all together, and I would love to quit working with computers so much, Sun gazing has really made me aware of these slight alterations in my body.

Sara Gray
@sara-gray
11 years ago
27 posts

Hey, i also suffer from anxiety and also used to take sleep aids for mood disorders. I take melatonin 5 mg every night as well. I asked my psychology professor the other week bc it came up in a discussion(the gland that secretes natural melatonin in your brain) I asked her if there had been any case re

Sara Gray
@sara-gray
11 years ago
27 posts

and its actually your pineal gland and its located in the very bottom back side of your brain, but do what you think is best..try meditation, and herbal teas..chamomile..even Valerian root but alternate and try not to do it excessively..its up to you god bless

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,639 posts

sara only 1/2 that posted (i think)

see again here we have another whos taking overdoses and having anxiety

i dont know of any studies but icve seen this patern often with people that take double what should be a maximum dose (3 mg is the maximum dose you should ever take)

ive wseeen ppl take tripple that..9 mg for extended periods and it was pretty much like youd expect from someone who was soun (taken megadoses of lsd that permenantly altered their thought patterns)

now we only have 2 so far taking the same doses with the same conditions but it really is worth going without awhile and see if the anxiety doesnt lessen

--
 / 11

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form