Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Three Weeks In

J.D. Austin
@jd-austin
11 years ago
8 posts

okay that sounds good to me.haha i must say that i am excited about how everything is going right now and how everything has turned outso far. the one thing i'm not worried about is the look of my hair. i actually like how my hair is having a mind of its own right now.

updated by @jd-austin: 07/23/15 04:51:38AM
Tarra Scott
@tarra-scott
11 years ago
4 posts

Actually, soaring eagle, many people have thinness in the front of their hair. This is not necessarily from traction alopecia. It just stands out more in black people because our hair has more texture and is thicker so it makes the thinness look worse and more unnatural than it really is.

J.D. Austin
@jd-austin
11 years ago
8 posts

Little

So when it comes to maintaining everything should i just not retwist my hair once everything matures and they start to actually become locs?i keep hearing that you need toretwist your hair like every four weeksor something once everything starts to mature, but i wasn't too sure about whether that was right. my initial thought was thati wouldn't have to worry about retwisting since my hair is already twisted up and will grow in this pattern.and i heard that covering your head at night will actually help hair lock up faster, but i will go a few nights withoutcovering my hair with a cap and see how that works.

Mons
@mons
11 years ago
518 posts
A capful is just fine. You shouldn't need to retest at all. You have the perfect type of hair for natural dreading! The initial twists are good for making sections, then your hair will do the rest all on it's own :) wearing a tight cap, do rag, or even women's pantyhose at night will slow down progress. The friction of tossing and turning on your pillow helps create knots. If your hair is all flattened down it's not going to move. Moving hair makes dreads happen.
Mons
@mons
11 years ago
518 posts
I meant retwist! Just curious, how much water are you mixing the acv in?
Mons
@mons
11 years ago
518 posts
You can cut that down to around a litre. I'm in the US, so I think in cups, if I have this right then 4 cups is almost a liter. One or 2 caps full to one litre of water.
J.D. Austin
@jd-austin
11 years ago
8 posts

oh okay that sounds good to me!haha and yeah i was worried at first cuz my twists are loose around the roots but i'm sure they will all eventually begin to tighten once time passes.

Mons
@mons
11 years ago
518 posts
You should always have loose roots. For new dreads up to 3 or so inches, when mature that shrinks up to about a half inch. Loose roots allow your hair to move. You know the rest lol
Mons
@mons
11 years ago
518 posts
Yeah, it doesn't take much. Just pour it on, make sure it covers your scalp and rinse right off. You don my want to leave it on too long, it will be very conditioning on your hair.
Mons
@mons
11 years ago
518 posts
You could try that. Try maybe half a cap full. What's your recipe for both bs and acv? How long do you let it soak? Do you use oils?

/ 2
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form