Like this page? Then share it!
Dreadlocks Site Highly Recommends dreadlockshampoo.com

Dreadlocks site's servers are partialy funded by mining BTC on hashflare
any additional profits are donated to Fredoms Wings International Soaring for people with disabilities

Dreadlocks Forums

Three Weeks In

J.D. Austin
@jd-austin
5 years ago
8 posts

So I started my journey three weeks ago and I must say that it isone of the best decisions I have ever made.I have absolutely no regrets and am excited to grow as a personwith my dreads. AnywaysI just want to make sure everything is looking right. I initially got my hair twisted and have only been using a homemadelocking accelerator. I recently washed my hair a few days ago and haven't been having too many issues with itching. Just wondering if i can get any extra tips on how to care for my baby dreads. Any suggestions will be appreciated! I also wanna say that I'm real excited to share and hear about everyone's experience and why they decided to dread their hair.

updated by @jd-austin: 02/14/15 04:46:31AM
J.D. Austin
@jd-austin
5 years ago
8 posts

looks like the file didn't attach but here is a photo

updated by @jd-austin: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
Eddy St. King
@eddy-st-king
5 years ago
50 posts

from what i'm seeing the twisting might be a lil too much my man....let your hair breathe for a lil bit to grow into the dreads. jah bless

J.D. Austin
@jd-austin
5 years ago
8 posts

haha fashoi was worried that the twists were too tight so i will just leave them alone for now and let my hair do what it wants. thanks for the input thoughi really appreciate it

J.D. Austin
@jd-austin
5 years ago
8 posts

oh okay sounds good. i'm not even gonna think about getting my hair retwisted until the end of the month and i may wait even longer than that if i actually do get them retwisted.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
5 years ago
28,421 posts

whats in the accelerator wash more..and dont retwist

wash minumum of weekly more oftens even better

--
27 years growing dreadlocks the natural way
My dreads are over 9 feet long
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
5 years ago
28,421 posts

yea see how thin your hair is around them when you retwist it causes traction alopecuia and balding my gueas is you already had a lil from braids or cornrows? or something u dont want that ti get worse so absolutelyno more twistung

J.D. Austin said:

looks like the file didn't attach but here is a photo

--

updated by @soaring-eagle: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
J.D. Austin
@jd-austin
5 years ago
8 posts

soaring eagle

haha yeah i actually used to braid my hair before this. and in the accelerator i just have sea salt and water. and i will make sure to wash my hair weekly. i just washed it on friday so i will wait until this upcoming friday to do it again. i haven't wanted to wash it too much though because i'm scared some of em will come out. but i will definitely make sure to not retwist my hair and let it be.and again i do appreciate the helpful advice! i want to make sure i do this the right way and that my hair doesn't get damaged or anything like that

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
5 years ago
28,421 posts

ah yea see i could tell but they will be ok the thinnings not too bad and will recover easily

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
5 years ago
28,421 posts

u shouldnt..at all..ever

in featured vids theres 1 called retwisting interlocking retightening dread roots dangers the thing is if u force the roots to be too tight u cause traction alopecia

u already have that to a minor degree if u force the roots to be tight it will get worse every month and evebtualy your 3/4 bald

the roots should e left alone and never ever twisted

J.D. Austin said:

oh okay sounds good. i'm not even gonna think about getting my hair retwisted until the end of the month and i may wait even longer than that if i actually do get them retwisted.

--
 / 2

Dislike 0

Share This

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
Contact Form