Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Three Weeks In

J.D. Austin
@jd-austin
11 years ago
8 posts

So I started my journey three weeks ago and I must say that it isone of the best decisions I have ever made.I have absolutely no regrets and am excited to grow as a personwith my dreads. AnywaysI just want to make sure everything is looking right. I initially got my hair twisted and have only been using a homemadelocking accelerator. I recently washed my hair a few days ago and haven't been having too many issues with itching. Just wondering if i can get any extra tips on how to care for my baby dreads. Any suggestions will be appreciated! I also wanna say that I'm real excited to share and hear about everyone's experience and why they decided to dread their hair.

updated by @jd-austin: 02/14/15 04:46:31AM
J.D. Austin
@jd-austin
11 years ago
8 posts

looks like the file didn't attach but here is a photo

updated by @jd-austin: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
Eddy St. King
@eddy-st-king
11 years ago
50 posts

from what i'm seeing the twisting might be a lil too much my man....let your hair breathe for a lil bit to grow into the dreads. jah bless

J.D. Austin
@jd-austin
11 years ago
8 posts

haha fashoi was worried that the twists were too tight so i will just leave them alone for now and let my hair do what it wants. thanks for the input thoughi really appreciate it

J.D. Austin
@jd-austin
11 years ago
8 posts

oh okay sounds good. i'm not even gonna think about getting my hair retwisted until the end of the month and i may wait even longer than that if i actually do get them retwisted.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

whats in the accelerator wash more..and dont retwist

wash minumum of weekly more oftens even better

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

yea see how thin your hair is around them when you retwist it causes traction alopecuia and balding my gueas is you already had a lil from braids or cornrows? or something u dont want that ti get worse so absolutelyno more twistung

J.D. Austin said:

looks like the file didn't attach but here is a photo

--

updated by @soaring-eagle: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
J.D. Austin
@jd-austin
11 years ago
8 posts

soaring eagle

haha yeah i actually used to braid my hair before this. and in the accelerator i just have sea salt and water. and i will make sure to wash my hair weekly. i just washed it on friday so i will wait until this upcoming friday to do it again. i haven't wanted to wash it too much though because i'm scared some of em will come out. but i will definitely make sure to not retwist my hair and let it be.and again i do appreciate the helpful advice! i want to make sure i do this the right way and that my hair doesn't get damaged or anything like that

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

ah yea see i could tell but they will be ok the thinnings not too bad and will recover easily

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

u shouldnt..at all..ever

in featured vids theres 1 called retwisting interlocking retightening dread roots dangers the thing is if u force the roots to be too tight u cause traction alopecia

u already have that to a minor degree if u force the roots to be tight it will get worse every month and evebtualy your 3/4 bald

the roots should e left alone and never ever twisted

J.D. Austin said:

oh okay sounds good. i'm not even gonna think about getting my hair retwisted until the end of the month and i may wait even longer than that if i actually do get them retwisted.

--
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form