Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

My hair isnt locking!! HELP

Kristin Zachman
@kristin-zachman
12 years ago
5 posts

I'm having a slightly similar issue, but the loose hairs are only about 4 inches at the most. I also started my dreads with backcombing, I've got them crocheted a couple times too, I'm thinking its consequence for not letting them lock up naturally...

updated by @kristin-zachman: 07/23/15 05:16:12PM
Joey mipanyarack
@joey-mipanyarack
12 years ago
80 posts
Everyone's hair is different so people will have different length of roots. Some will lock really close some will have longer, but they will dread. I got a dread perm 4 months ago and have straight Asian hair. I was scared of the same thing too. I have about 3 inches of straight hair, but it is definetly starting to lock now. It was a big relief. I know what you mean about being worried that it won't. Loctitions and wax wouldn't exist if there wasn't tons of people worried that it wouldn't lock.
Theodora Martino
@theodora-martino
12 years ago
22 posts
Yeah same exactly!!! im not sure. i think they will dreadup them selves, cuz most of it is just normal hair at the top of my dread but i can feel a little lower down it is dreading up and getting a little knotty.
Theodora Martino
@theodora-martino
12 years ago
22 posts

Yes true! I would have known about hair dreading up at the roots if i did it the natural way!

okay so im just making sure about this. (sorry i have bad anxiety some times)

Thank you for ones who have replayed. I get the roots dreading up by themselves now, thank you<3

Im attaching 2 pictures, and it shows the loose hairs.

So one last set of questions. I just dont see how those will dread in on there own. Here is the pic

and there is WAYYYY MORE large loose hairs then that!!!

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

they are already trying

what are ya washing with and how often

use a lil sea salt to help em akong

they are 1/2 way there

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Theodora Martino
@theodora-martino
12 years ago
22 posts

Any replay will help thanks, questions above^^^

Theodora Martino
@theodora-martino
12 years ago
22 posts

Used to use some sea salt spray.
1. How often should I? (just an apxx to know) And afterwards how long til you wash it out?
2. I use apple cider vingear wash, or dr bonners. And Im pretty lazy with washing.

If i really want to make sure they dreadup how often should i wash?

-Thanks

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

wash a min of weekly 2-3 times a weeks better vinager alones not a wash and will condition too much bronners wont work in hard water if u feel oily or sticky after using bronners dont use it use ww.dreadlockshampoo.com

washing more will help alot and sea salt ..once or twice a weej]=ks more then enough spray on 2 hours b4 u wash dont leave on all day

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Theodora Martino
@theodora-martino
12 years ago
22 posts

Ok so why put on the sea salt if your going to wash your hair anyway? wondering :/

ive been using bronners, and it seems to work well.

so if you wash like once a week or once a week and a half, will your hair still lock up???

i sometimes go on trips. and dont get the chance

Mons
@mons
12 years ago
518 posts
Sea salt dries your hair out, helping to knot and tangle up. If you leave it in too long it can make your hair too dry and cause lots of damage. Also it can wreak havoc on your scalp, itching bleeding sores.I have clumps of undreaded loose hair. Wild wispies on top, small parts that could create new dreads. Stuff at the hairline, fuzzy dreads... Everything. I backcombed as well, about 15 months ago. (I tried posting pics with the phone app but it's not working.)

/ 3

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form