Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

White stuff in my locks... HELP!

Nattymegs
@nattymegs
12 years ago
5 posts

They look like the hair follicles, i've tried everything. Please help I hate to see them in my locks.

updated by @nattymegs: 08/20/21 06:08:25AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

then dont look

but did u backcomb did u crochet root rub anything like trhat

u shed a 100 hairs a day so they will be there (i never notice any at all in mine) if u notice yoir loooking too close

but some things rip the hair pi]ut at the root sp theres even more

ive seen backcombers who had a dozen every square inch

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Rose
@rose
12 years ago
102 posts

If they look like hair follicles, they probably are. Leave it be, and don't worry. The hair you shed can't just fall out when your dreading, it gets tangled up too.

If it's some other type of white stuff, you should figure out what it is! Residue? Baking soda?Dandruff? Lint? Feathers? Mold?

I notice lint and feathers in my hair a lot, you can pull that stuff out withtweezers, or forget about it.

Star Gryphon
@star-gryphon
12 years ago
190 posts

I have tons of hair follicles....

Castaway J
@castaway-j
12 years ago
585 posts

yeha its weird i get those white things at the tips of my locks, but shouldnt the follicle be at the other end?! lol

Rose
@rose
12 years ago
102 posts

That's hair falling out, but some part of it is tangled with other hair. It just ends up in any position and all knotted together.

Castaway Jesus said:

yeha its weird i get those white things at the tips of my locks, but shouldnt the follicle be at the other end?! lol

Donna Martin
@donna-martin
12 years ago
4 posts

This may sound nuts to some but a VINEGAR bath will loosen all of the bits that cling and then embed in your Dreads. about twice a year I take a gallon of high quality, organic Cider Vinegar and soak my Dreads then wrap them (I use a large shower cap} for 30 minutes or so then rinse thoroughly and wash as usual. never have a smell and all of the follicles, skin, oddities, my Dreads have gathered are gone. the vinegar somehow unglues, for a better term, all of them. Hope this helps.

Rose
@rose
12 years ago
102 posts

This is useful to know!

Donna Martin said:

This may sound nuts to some but a VINEGAR bath will loosen all of the bits that cling and then embed in your Dreads. about twice a year I take a gallon of high quality, organic Cider Vinegar and soak my Dreads then wrap them (I use a large shower cap} for 30 minutes or so then rinse thoroughly and wash as usual. never have a smell and all of the follicles, skin, oddities, my Dreads have gathered are gone. the vinegar somehow unglues, for a better term, all of them. Hope this helps.

Castaway J
@castaway-j
12 years ago
585 posts

not healthy for developing locks though. i woulod think only the mature dreads could hold up this kind of wash...i cant weait to try it in a couple years lol

Donna Martin
@donna-martin
12 years ago
4 posts

Right, I should have said ONLY to be done on mature locks, mine are almost five :-))

/ 3

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form