joe smith
@joe-smith
12 years ago
11 posts

My hair looks like this at the front:

http://i.imgur.com/Et5Dv.jpg

and this at the back/side:

http://i.imgur.com/L5gDr.png

i'm wondering if i would be able to get dreads like Luke Dahlhaus in the neglect dread method.

i dont want the colour of the hair the the dreads.

to get a picture of the dreads just search luke dahlhaus into google images. there are tons of pics.

thanks.

updated by @joe-smith: 01/13/15 09:33:30PM
Rainbow Fortune
@rainbow-fortune
12 years ago
123 posts

From what I see, they do seem natural.

But no matter how you do them, whether you decide to go natural, tn'r, or whatever, you don't really know how they'll turn out. Everyone's dreads are unique, and are a product of your own hair, your sleeping habits, and many other things.

That doesn't matter, though.

The point is, if his are natural, and I think they are, you could have dreads like his. You could also end up with dreads completely different than his, but if that happens, I guarantee, you'll love your own babies much more than you love his. :)

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

His do look natural.

But, like Rainbow said, yours will probably not look just like his. It all depends on thousands of factors. How your hair naturally sections, How you wash, what with, how your sleep, and so on and so on.

Plus, looking at his locks, they are not done maturing yet. I'd say they are around 10 months. If he keeps separating them, thy will stay that skinny. But in a few months, they will thicken up and may start to congo together.

It's about how you separate them too. If you want skinny locks like that, just separate them more. But try to let them do their own thing first. If you mess with them to much, to get a certain look, you can mess them up and slow down the progress

Valérie
@valrie
12 years ago
539 posts

Yeah, I second what Rainbow and Baba said in regards to individuality of dreads. Also, Baba pointed out that they looked like baby dreads and I have to agree. His will likely thicken up over the next year or so and look differently anyway. You should just aspire to have healthy dreads and not so much the dreads of someone else. :)

If you go natural there is no telling what size or shape your dreads will take on since they will naturally section themselves based on your hairs growth pattern and other environmental factors.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

i dont know who that is but no you will not get dreads like his you will get dreads like yours

could u say i want fingerprints like his?

you couldnt even get 2 dreads on the same head to be alike..not completely annyway if u went to a alon and they did extreme work on them u could get all your dreads to be simular...yawn how boring tho

real dreads are alive

they change constantly 1 single dreads not going to be like itself very long even when mature they change alot ll the time

so no your dreads will never be like his

but some day he mayy say i wish i had dreads like yours

dreads always have a unique individuality a personality like noone elses

thats why u can say i want dreads like his cause his are like noone elses...as they should be

and yours should be like noone but yours

and yes your hairs long enough to dread so let it

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form