Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

DREADHEADHQ TEST STARTING FROM SCRATCH, FULL PRODUCT EVALUATION!!!!

Jeremy Norton
@jeremy-norton
12 years ago
6 posts

Hello, to introduce myself, my name is Jeremy, but everyone who knows me calls me Utah (long story,ill explain later). I've been rocking the long wild hair for a LONG time,and have always thought about possibly doing dreads, as my hair knots up naturally if i leave it alone for more than an afternoon, and have finally decided to gothrough with it! I am very excited, and ver interested. One thing you should know about me is I'm very investigative by nature, mostly because I'm a gearhead and I ABSOLUTELY HATE wasting my money/time getting the wrong thing now and the right thing later.

but as soon asI esearched dread kits I saw the knotty boy kits, researched reviews, and found the Dreadhead HQ product to come consistently highly recommended, and then Ilooked at their EXTENSIVE kits and process used to attain dreadlocks.... sounds pretty convincing.... thenI found the forums, and was BLOWN AWAY at how alot of the forum says it's all bullshit, and a scam... And then i realized theres an all out war between the use of product or exclusion of such use..

SO i had this really fun idea! I'M GOING TO PUT THEIR ENTIRE LINE OF PRODUCTS TO THE TEST!!! and hopefully this debate can be over... Now heres what I have come to believe as of yet asfar as dreads are concerned: 1. there are obviously alot of both wrong and right ways of making dreads 2. that SOME of these products DO work and 3.I'm walking out of ths experience with some dreads!

So I've ordered the Epic Dread Kit from Dreadhead HQ, and it comes with every dread product they offer with the exception of the hair growth multivitamins haha. I've also thouroughly read all the instructions and many of said instructions are very thorough and do say misuse/not-following-instructions can fuck up your dreads.

I luckily also have a professional hair dresser, who really wants to tryto learn this process as well, SHE IS A PRO AT A SALON, so there is no way incompetence/improper techniques can'tbe a factor. Were going to watch the full DVD, then go for it! Im actually feeling pretty god about their kit so far, just because a personal friend who had TwistnRip style dreads, and some BADASS ones at that, but he had used some of their stuff for 5 of the 8 years he grew his locks and said they were amazing, although a little pricey..

So we'll see how it goes,Ive posted the only decent pictureI have of my full hairthats on my PC (pardon our drunkness), I'll steal some off of Facebook later;and when i get my kit I'll continue this thread :D

(and if you have to ask, which someone already has, Im the one with hair XD

updated by @jeremy-norton: 02/04/18 04:25:04AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,639 posts

dude\

read this

http://www.dreadlockssite.com/forum/topics/reasons-not-to-use-a-dread-kit-from-those-whove-used-a-dreadkit

yyou alreadsy wasted yoir money send the kit back firfe the salon

you said your hair knots in a day

? thats it dreading! it will dread in a week if yu let iot

so let it dread

dont fuck up ypur hair with the kit

szend it back! you wasted 70 bucks already u can waste another 300 at a salon'

and have to start over

doint fall for the lies

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,639 posts

dreadheadhq fakes reviews

they censor the opinions of theuir customers

no dreadhead would ever recomend them

90% boycott them at all costs

read the reviews here..all 100% neghative those are real unsensored recviews

you will ruin your dreads if u use the kit

babafats went bald from the kit

it dissolved his hair!

you are going to make a massive massive mistake if youhy domnt send the klit back and avoid the salon

ytour hairs already dreading if u simply let it

theyre way 20 products 20 tools 20 techniques

why need a dvd?

they make ot harder to dread wax makes it mnever dread they make simulation dreads only

our way

1 step

stop combing

let ot dread

pure simple easy

ypur hairs knotting

dreads are knots

ut is dreading all u gotta do is let it

why do you need a kit for thart? why p[roducts? why a salon?

you dont

u just let it happebn

--
craftydangles
@craftydangles
12 years ago
16 posts

i wouldn't bother with the kit i agree a wast of time and i tried some! and they were crap the dreads fell out so i just left them to do there thing and they did what hair dose best knots and i have straight hair too and thick to boot! just let them do there thing and get ya money back!

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,639 posts

http://www.dreadlockssite.com/page/dreadheadhq-and-knotty-boy-bad

there u go actual real unedited unbiased reviews

nobody would ever recomend a dread kit

we are begging you to reconcider because so many had to cut their dreads and start over

dont be a statistic

just another shaved head due to a kit disaster

--
KnottyPrincess
@knottyprincess
12 years ago
122 posts

The problems that wax causes are not opinion. Those are facts. I really hope you rethink your decision and go without for the sake of your dreads.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,639 posts

my kit was going camping 2 weeks

my products were 3 beads and a mountain stereem to bathe in

my method was not having a comb or mirror

and ..they dreaded perfectly without hi]=undreds of dollars wasted without hundreds ofg]f hours of eff=ort

dread kit dreads look like dreads but they never really dread

knots form from hair moving

wax prevents hair from moving

the knots u get froim backcombing on daty 1 are the only kniots u ever get!

after that u just compress those knots in wax making candles

they look more mature but never get morwe mature

they cant move

they get stiff

they get heavy

u carry around years woirth of dirt thats trapped in wax and never comes out

its disgussting

they start to rot from the ci=ore

please dont fall for the scam

look are we trying to rip you off for hundreds of dollars?

no we are trying to help ypu free

dont waste your money get it back

your hairs trying to dread already all u gotta do is let it

your kit is your intention

intend to dread and u dread

thats all u need

--

updated by @soaring-eagle: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,639 posts

yea going to a salon for dreads is the absolute worse thing you can do

its panterra whos been a hairdresser fopr over 31 years ..shes got a phd in haircare practivcly and would tell u what a hi=orivble idea this is

hairdressers use glue wax even liqiuid latex perms felting and crochet needles all to imitate dreads they tell u not to washg up to a year come back ebvery week for more wax'all to make it take longer and never dread so they can talke literaly thoursands of dollars from u and u wont have dreds

do u need a pro to..not comb?

dreading really is that simople

throw the kit away throw the comb away..ther yoir dreading

absolutely everry single thing dreadheadhq recomends is wrong and harmful..everything

from wax to leaving in bands for months to poking holes to all the rubbing and rolling

why do u want dreading to be a full time job when it can be an effortless pleasure?

--

updated by @soaring-eagle: 07/23/15 05:14:11AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,639 posts

btw ..its a given that you will have to start =over after using the kit

but

if you use the lock docta there is no starting over you will have to shave

every hair on your head will be shreaded to tiny tinty peices

theres no recovery possible from that

so for gods sake at least dont shread your hair to peices like dreadheadhq recomends as a way to fix the 1st signs of dreading

gotta love that..if somehow your hair does actuakly dread they tell you to tear it to peices to fix it

oh and dont worry if it falls off

tear it up some more and u can stick it back together

great huh?

you are making a massive massive mistake cause u dont want to believe u were ripped off

well

your not ripped off till you use it

you still vcan send it back and get a refund

you can stull have healthy happy dreads

its not too late till you use it

then m you have to start over

but if u use the lock docta./.theres no hope but to shacve

--
Lucas Tucas
@lucas-tucas
12 years ago
18 posts

conscious speech:

I'm a gearhead and I ABSOLUTELY HATE wasting my money/time getting the wrong thing now and the right thing later.

unconscious speaks:
SO i had this really fun idea! I'M GOING TO PUT THEIR ENTIRE LINE OF PRODUCTS TO THE TEST!!! and hopefully this debate can be over...
 / 5

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form