Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

is there such thing as using an alternative to sea salt spray?

Betsy
@betsy
12 years ago
11 posts

i try my best to not get the spray on scalp but it itches SO BAD. my scalp is really sensitive.. i wash it off after 15 minutes but JESUS :(

updated by @betsy: 01/13/15 09:16:48PM
Frank Schuster
@frank-schuster
12 years ago
95 posts

Hey!

Then don't use the seasalt if it causes your scalp to itch very bad. You don't have to, it's only

kind of a catalysator to speed up the dreading process a little bit. So it is not nescessary at all!

You will get dreaded hair without using seasalt for sure!

JAH bless your journey!

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

That's a shame that it makes your scalp so itchy. Maybe you're using too much salt in the solution. I use a tsp per 6 oz of water. My scalp never itches unless I spray more than once a day, and don't wash it out. That's good for my hair, but you might be more sensitive. Try using less.

If that doesn't work, just give it up. Like Frank said, it's notnecessary. I only use it cause I have a few baby locks forming on top of my head that I want to lock up faster to fill in the balding spots. once they grow in, I'll give it up again.

You don't need it. You're hair will knot up on it's own

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

i never used it

never ever

but once every couple4 yeaqrs i took a trip to the beach and 1 swim inb the ocean every couple yeqars made a diference

u really dont need it at all

especialy not often

if u use it every once in awhile..like weekly or monthy its plenty

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

I'd rather just get my seasalt from the beach too. I heard about it here, and decided to give it a try. I've only used it for maybe the past 2 weeks. So my first 5 years were without. I think mine turned out just fine without it

Betsy
@betsy
12 years ago
11 posts

thanks i kinda knew i didnt have too but i have such straight thin european hair that anything to help them on their merry old way i kinda thought it would be worth it to tough it out.. x

Frank Schuster said:

Hey!

Then don't use the seasalt if it causes your scalp to itch very bad. You don't have to, it's only

kind of a catalysator to speed up the dreading process a little bit. So it is not nescessary at all!

JAH bless your journey!

Betsy
@betsy
12 years ago
11 posts

thanks i dont think i'll continue using it :) or perhaps just try less..

Baba Fats said:

I'd rather just get my seasalt from the beach too. I heard about it here, and decided to give it a try. I've only used it for maybe the past 2 weeks. So my first 5 years were without. I think mine turned out just fine without it

Betsy
@betsy
12 years ago
11 posts

thanks.:)

Frank Schuster said:

Hey!

JAH bless your journey!

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

http://www.dreadlockssite.com/forum/topics/new-dread-locking-gel-from-dreadlockshampoo-com

try this it will not dry your scalp and will knot u in a hurry

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Betsy
@betsy
12 years ago
11 posts

hey thanks man, i'll give it a try :)

soaring eagle said:

http://www.dreadlockssite.com/forum/topics/new-dread-locking-gel-fr...

try this it will not dry your scalp and will knot u in a hurry

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form