Like this page? Then share it!
Dreadlocks Site Highly Recommends dreadlockshampoo.com

Dreadlocks site's servers are partialy funded by mining BTC on hashflare
any additional profits are donated to Fredoms Wings International Soaring for people with disabilities

Dreadlocks Forums

Namaste to all!! From a Loving, Awareness Building, Dreaded Mama!!

Summer Santos
@summer-santos
7 years ago
9 posts

Hello, Dreadies!! I've been lurking around this site for months, and I just want to say that I am so thankful for such an abundance of Dynamic Dreadheads!! Thank you, SE!

Every question I have had about dreads, I have found the answer within this site!! I started researching dreads last year after my s/o, Jordan, decided to start his dread journey. At that time I had no intention of starting dreadlocks. Over the months, I secretly fell in love with them for several reasons:

• Dreads are just TOTALLY AWESOME! I love how unique each and every dread is!! I love people, but I find overall societal conformity boring and disappointing.
  • Understanding: Every Dreadie I have ever met were intelligent, loving, happy, accepting, open minded people who had strong moral character. I truly believed that dreads would help to to learn better patience and help with my understanding of the universe around me. I also hoped to spread a little insight to those who are ignorant to how fantastic and clean dreads can be.
  • Time: I am a busy mama of two active boys (10 and 3), and I work long hours as a home health nurse. There are many more important things I would rather be doing than combing snarls out of my hair every morning.
  • Convenience: "Let it be" Nuff said... All I do is wash and separate.
  • Money: No more damaging products, styling instruments, cuts...
  • Style: Like I said, I like unique. I'm lazy at times, so low maintenance was nice, too. I look forward to having long, magnificent locks trailing down my back. (Right now, I'd be really excited if they were long enough to cover my nipples! I lost a lot of length!)
  • I love history, and dreadlocks are the oldest, most wide spread style throughout history. Several cultures tell stories about dreads or the strength and health benefits that comes with long hair.
  • Nature: I believe the earth gives us everything we need to live happy, healthy lives. As a nurse, I support lifestyle changes and natural remedies over pharmaceuticals. I am not opposed to prescription medication, and I agree it can be a nice buffer during situational crisis. Be informed and practice emotional maturity though.
  • Self Love/Self Actualization: I have a 10 year history of working in hospitals, schools, mental health and addiction treatment facility settings as a caregiver, secretary, nurse, group leader... Yet only within the past few years do I feel I am finally breaking out of my shell discovering the amazing secret of living a happy and healthy life... I believe in standing up for what you believe in and having something worthy to stand up for. I believe in truth. I believe if you ask a question you get an answer, but if you search for the answer you may find truth.

As I said at the top, I fell in love with dreads secretly. Jordan started helping me to backcomb my head within hours of my asking for his help. Everything I have learned involving dreads is fun and enlightening. At times I feel disappointed I didn't go natural, but I am HAPPY this site alerted Jordan to the dangers of wax before I jeopardized my lovely locks! Life is a lesson, and I have no regrets! Forward thinking!

With that said, I'm looking forward to getting to know this community. If you are involved in any interesting groups you think I would like, I would appreciate suggestions! :)

Love Always and Forever,

Summer

updated by @summer-santos: 01/13/15 09:02:50PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
7 years ago
28,421 posts

aww welcome lots of love to ya did jordon fall for the wax?

surprised u didnt dread as a kid seems u were born to dread

(they look amazing on u too)

--
27 years growing dreadlocks the natural way
My dreads are over 9 feet long
Summer Santos
@summer-santos
7 years ago
9 posts
Thank you! That means a lot! Yes, we did not find this site until after the wax, but we have been using knotty and nice wax removal shampoo and his hair feels much better after a couple washes!! There is still wax in there but much less! I plan to do a "Why I have dreadlocks " video soon... Advocate...soon... lol
AlwaysByourself
@alwaysbyourself
7 years ago
17 posts
Very good introduction! Lots of strong points!
PowpOwpoW
@powpowpow
7 years ago
9 posts

*holds up a 10*

i thought that was a solid intro! i feel like i know you now! lol

welcome my fellow newbie!!

Evolet
@evolet
7 years ago
12 posts
Much love to you,mama! Namaste. Xx
Kai Rayne
@kai-rayne
7 years ago
72 posts
Welcome!! Glad you joined! I don't get to post much as I am in the middle of a move but I look forward to talking to you along the way!
Summer Santos
@summer-santos
7 years ago
9 posts

Thank you!! Best wishes for a safe and expedient move!! I am loving the community!

Kai Rayne said:

Welcome!! Glad you joined! I don't get to post much as I am in the middle of a move but I look forward to talking to you along the way!
Summer Santos
@summer-santos
7 years ago
9 posts
You too! Your little baby dreads are so cute!!

fancyAmanda said:
Wonderful! I agree with so much of what you said and how you said it... welcome :) I wish you nothing but happiness on your dready journey.
Dislike 0

Share This

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
Contact Form