Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

I Found Home....

Eli Jones
@eli-jones
13 years ago
16 posts
Well hello, I'm Eli from Utah. I'd like to say hello. Hello :).. I just decided 4 days ago to start the natural dreading process. I'm curious about a few things still.. I've looked around and taught myself alot, but i was wondering if "Jason Biotin shampoo" was ok? if not i also read/heard that you could use bar soap.. I don't know about that one but i use organic hemp oil bar soap so if i should use that is it a good brand?? also :))) i was curious about drying my hair isn't really long but it's thick so how should i go about drying it? I decided to dread recently cause the job i got requires that i grow nothing but a goatee on my face :( total bummer i had a killer bread.. but dreads are cool to have and it's something i've wanted to do but never been a postion to do so.. im excited thanks everyone
updated by @eli-jones: 02/14/15 04:58:41PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

cant tell u the soaops without ingredients and testing if theyre conditioning or leave residurs u might want to try something else to be safe a good safe alternaive is bajking od or dr bronners or the maylees r (in our shops here)

can test those when yourdreads are more maw and will fe conditioning

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Eli Jones
@eli-jones
13 years ago
16 posts

Ingredients for Jason natural biotin shampoo: Aqua (Purified Water), Calendula Officinalis (Marigold) Flower Extract (Certified Organic), Anthemis Nobilis (Chamomile) Flower Extract (Certified Organic), Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Panax Ginseng (Ginseng) Root Extract (Certified Organic), Sodium Myreth Sulfate, Equisetum Arvense (Horsetail) Leaf Extract (Certified Organic), Cocamide MEA, Biotin, Ethyl Panthenol (Vit. B5), Panthenyl Hydroxypropyl Steardimonium Chloride, Aloe Barbadensis (Aloe Vera) Leaf Gel (Certified Organic), Natural Tocopherol (Vit. E) Glycol, Glycol Stearate, Ascorbyl Palmitate (Vit. C), Lavendula Intermedia Leaf / Flowers / Stem Extract (Certified Organic), Decyl Glucoside, Retinyl Palmitate (Vit. A) Triticum Vulgare (Hydrolyzed Wheat) Protein, Cyclopentasiloxane and Dimethicone, Vegetable Glycerin, Benzyl Alcohol, Citric Acid, Natural Menthol, Fragrance Oil Blend. :) it was like 9 bucks -_- but i know my roommate will use it if it's no good

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

seems to have several ingredients that are conditioning

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Eli Jones
@eli-jones
13 years ago
16 posts

ok which route can i take not having to buy anything for a couple weeks i just paid the bills so im cashed out till payday

Punk4peaceॐ
@punk4peace
13 years ago
13 posts
Baking soda man...that shits cheap!! And great for your dreadies..good luck on ur journey...

Eli Jones said:

ok which route can i take not having to buy anything for a couple weeks i just paid the bills so im cashed out till payday

Heather
@heather
13 years ago
1,291 posts

i used to use that shampoo before dreading and it made my hair super soft so i would stay away from it. there's a post on what shampoos people have tried and it might help you find some you like. bs doesn't work for everyone especially if you have really hard water like i do.

http://www.dreadlockssite.com/forum/topics/shampoos-and-soaps-maybe-get

AlwaysByourself
@alwaysbyourself
13 years ago
17 posts
i started off with using Dr bronners, then transferred over to using the BS/ACV rince. Both make your scalp feel very clean. Definitely try a few things out and see which one you like the most.
Eli Jones
@eli-jones
13 years ago
16 posts
hmmm ok i guess since i started i could just not wash it till pay day... I've read to make sure if they get wet that they dry all the way but whats the best way to dry it?
Heather
@heather
13 years ago
1,291 posts
air dry, sun dry, blow dry. whatever works for you. since its warm most days i just sit in the sun and read while my hair dries.
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form