Like this page? Then share it!
Dreadlocks Site Highly Recommends dreadlockshampoo.com

Dreadlocks site's servers are partialy funded by mining BTC on hashflare
any additional profits are donated to Fredoms Wings International Soaring for people with disabilities

Dreadlocks Forums

Introductions are in order!

Matt11
@matt11
7 years ago
2 posts

Hi! thankyou for setting up this amazing community my quest for dreads would have ended in disaster without it :)

first things first; I dont have dreads. im going to be doing it in july after my exams. afterwards so i have no distractions over the next weeks.

I am an 18 year old Englishman, a dedicated muscian and extremely looking forward to having dreadlocks. I want them due to aesthetic reasons, aswell as many of the muscians and people i aspire too have dreads (Anders Friden, Benji Webbe, Ilja Jalkanen amongst others) rather than religious or spiritual reasons (im the least spiritual person i know) but even so dreadlocks still represent a commitment which im pleased to go through.

At the moment im probably going to go with twist/rip + neglect dreads. After reading this site i will never let a drop of wax near my head (thank you!) which before hand I thought was the best and only method of making good dreads.

would anybody be able to answer some questions?

1. how strong are baby dreads? As a guitarist in a metal band i headbang alot! would this undo valuable dreading time?

2. how much hair length is generally lost once dreaded? my hair is as long as my lower back as i said and i aim to have kind of chunky, maybe medium sized dreads. if this question is impossible to answer then no worries! :)

Thanks again :)

Matt

updated by @matt11: 01/13/15 09:00:58PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
7 years ago
28,421 posts

welcome

headbanging creates movement movement creates dreads if u just headbang they will dread fine

if u go natural the length loss isnt drastic usualy often not notixcable as it dreads and grows and shrinks all at the same rates

if u tnr u can lose 1/3-1/2 right away then another 1/3-1/2 by month 8-13

in some cases u can go from waist to ear length

but in general longer hair shrinks most

--
27 years growing dreadlocks the natural way
My dreads are over 9 feet long
Matt11
@matt11
7 years ago
2 posts
thanks for the replies and advice! when i get the dreads i think i will have to curb the urge to headbang and tone it down a bit rather than my usual windmilling through a gig xD anyways! hi im fine thanks just about to go to bed:) how are you? :D
Lou Lou
@lou-lou
7 years ago
28 posts
Hey and welcome :). I wouldn't curb the urge to headbang. I really don't think it will hurt them. I love headbanging and it hasn't hurt mine, they are knotting up fast :) Lou x

Matt said:
thanks for the replies and advice! when i get the dreads i think i will have to curb the urge to headbang and tone it down a bit rather than my usual windmilling through a gig xD anyways! hi im fine thanks just about to go to bed:) how are you? :D
Dislike 0

Share This

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
Contact Form