Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

11 inches long, curls, residue free shampoo. neglect. need some help

Kare T
@kare-t
13 years ago
83 posts
I got real long thick curly hair and have been neglecting for 1.4 years almost.
updated by @kare-t: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
Kare T
@kare-t
13 years ago
83 posts
ph balanced. residue free
updated by @kare-t: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
Kare T
@kare-t
13 years ago
83 posts

Perhaps, should i just switch to some tea tree oil?

I was thinking of just getting a new shampoo like dr.brauns and making a tea tree oil, salt solution like a spray.

Knottysleeves said:

Ingredients? Maybe it's too moisturizing.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

i sure the shampoo is to blamne residues are just buildup but conditioners prevent dreading residues dont prevent dreading they just build up in dreads

switch to baking sioda and add sea saly and see if u dont get more progress in a month then u did in a year

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Kare T
@kare-t
13 years ago
83 posts
Big Ups Soaring Eagle thanks, how would the Igo about using baking soda and sea salt for shampoo though?

soaringeagle said:

i sure the shampoo is to blamne residues are just buildup but conditioners prevent dreading residues dont prevent dreading they just build up in dreads

switch to baking sioda and add sea saly and see if u dont get more progress in a month then u did in a year

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

theres a ton of info ok 1 more time haha (the faqs i think cover the stuff i type daily ) 1-2 tablespoons baking soda per cup water i use a gallon and 1/3 cup baking soda add a spoonful of sea salt (for a couple cups a pinch or 2) add a few drops teatrewe rosemary whatever u want

pour over head soak (no scrubbing or touching) 210 minutes then rinse

mixthe same ammounts of apple cider vinager and other ingredients (no baking sodsa) however use only a tiny bit of vinager till mature or well drweaded use the same amount once dreaded pour on when mature rinse after 3 min when young rince with9n seconds is fine (u wanna restore ph without sofyening much)

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts
10 min not 210 lol

--
Mia Elizabeth
@mia-elizabeth
13 years ago
45 posts

SE is there anything wrong with mixing water, bs, and acv in the same bucket, rinsing, and letting sit for say 10 mintues then rinsing out??

Peace & love,

Mia

Thundersquall
@thundersquall
13 years ago
235 posts

Honestly i dont think its that shampoo that is keeping your hair from locking up after going neglect for over a year. They make good shampoo'sfree of the normallynasty stuff. I assume you dont follow up with a conditioner?

I must say your patience is inhuman my friend i would of rushed out and gotten it TnR or twistedafter a year of no progress. Considering the wavy nature of your hair it is so strange that it wouldn't take even after a year. You are a rare case but like i said i dont believe it is that shampoowhat is prohibiting your progress, at all.

taye
@taye
13 years ago
833 posts
Mia remember the volcanoes you made in elementary school? that was BS and ACV mixed. I use it to unclog my sinks. It causes a chemical reaction when mixed. You don't wanna put it in your hair like that.
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form