Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

BC.... and wax....

MUSS
@muss
13 years ago
10 posts
So im almost done dreading my brothers hair which took a few cases of brew whole lot of herb and good Roots musik... now... he uses wax to keep em neat for his job when should he wax and wash and seperate?
updated by @muss: 02/14/15 03:30:41AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,639 posts

oh god no he should never wax ever have him read the site if u used wax already start iover get that nasty shit out

u just wasted all that weed if u waxed

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
NaturalWomyn
@naturalwomyn
13 years ago
849 posts
if he needs to tidy up he should try using pure aloe to tame the frizz. wax wont help him look neat they will just look like greasy sticks that collect dirt and lint and pet hair. Even some type of gel would be better then wax. Hope it all works out! Many Blessings
Brandon Arnold
@brandon-arnold
13 years ago
184 posts

He should never wax.

ever.

MUSS
@muss
13 years ago
10 posts
It was his decision to waxand its not like i cake the stuff on there... i just used a little to keep the hairs in line and seperated also i wouldnt start over because i did a pretty good job... well just let the mature over time....what is a better alternative route than wax thats conveient to find at a store.... and honestly i feel a bit of negativity when a talk about BC and wax i just wanted some help.... not to be criticized for the route tooken....
Kris2
@kris2
13 years ago
43 posts
its not so much the BC thats the issue, its the wax. 1 application will stay in the hair even with regular washing years later. They prevent the hair from moving and knotting to make real dreads, right now he just has waxy look-a-likes. There is entire sections dedicated to info on why its bad and how to remove wax, so i suggest getting that stuff out first
taye
@taye
13 years ago
833 posts

Most of my dreads were back combed. There is nothing wrong with it as long as it is done gently. It will cause some damage, but if done gently it is only mild damage. Now wax on the other hand is bad. This site is dedicated to the big no wax policy. You won't get pro wax advice here. I am sorry. It is like a child wanting to put a fork in an electrical outlet. You don't give the child instructions on how to do it. You stop the child from doing it because you know it is harmful.

Same thing with wax....even a little is bad. Don't use any wax. Research wax on this site. There are horror stories! and it is just gross. I put some on my finger once...it felt nasty. Can't even imagine how nasty it would feel in my hair.

Brandon Arnold
@brandon-arnold
13 years ago
184 posts

Back combing is fine, but the best thing to do would have been not to use wax at all. There is no point. It just holds your hair in place, making it look locked up when in fact it's just hindering the process.

Haven't you read the dozens of stories on here with the titles like "No wax, not even once" etc.? The methods of making dreads is always being debated as to which one is safer, or better or whatever...but I think the general consensus across the board is that wax is just awful and useless.

I guess a "better alternative" would be pure aloe, but that's not for like every day use and I never really tried it. No one iscriticizingyou, it's just that wax is a terrible substance to put in hair, and you asked for help. Sorry for the negativity. good luck getting it out!

MUSS said:

It was his decision to waxand its not like i cake the stuff on there... i just used a little to keep the hairs in line and seperated also i wouldnt start over because i did a pretty good job... well just let the mature over time....what is a better alternative route than wax thats conveient to find at a store.... and honestly i feel a bit of negativity when a talk about BC and wax i just wanted some help.... not to be criticized for the route tooken....
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,639 posts

best alternative to wax is nothing but if he must ise something buy an aloe plant

but it was his decision because he didnt have good info so give him good info get the wax out and stay wax free always

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
MUSS
@muss
13 years ago
10 posts
I told him everything ive learned and all about the problems that wax causes he still wants to use it...wel i guess well just see what happens BLESS
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form