Dreadlocks Forums

Discouraged :/

GoldenEagle
@goldeneagle
14 years ago
393 posts
Starting dreadlocks is seriously easy.

Step one: Toss the brushes and conditioners
Step two: Keep your hair clean on a regular basis.
Step three: (Extremely Optional) Pull the sections away from each other at least once a week.
Seriously just go for it.
Julia Katherine Freitas said:
I know I think its just because I am actually getting ready to do it. Kinda like last minute nerves or jitters.

updated by @goldeneagle: 07/23/15 05:12:09AM
Julia Katherine Freitas
@julia-katherine-freitas
14 years ago
28 posts
:D Sounds easy. two steps.
GoldenEagle
@goldeneagle
14 years ago
393 posts
It is easy. If you are the kind of individual who likes to change your hair. Dreadlocks constantly change.
Julia Katherine Freitas
@julia-katherine-freitas
14 years ago
28 posts
Lol it depends. I dont really do much with my hair.It mainly stays in a pony tail or up in a hat which is one reason, out of many, that I want dreads.
GoldenEagle
@goldeneagle
14 years ago
393 posts
Since that is the case just go for it.
Jeanine
@jeanine
14 years ago
3 posts
judging is conditioning, it's only real when it affects you after it's said.you have to be strong,when i chose a new lifestyle for myself i basically walked into the darki had lost my boyfriendi had lost my friendsi had no idea of who i wasi let go of everything that was weight on my shoulders and started to try something else, i wanted to experience the meaning of being, living, loving unconditionally. (always)i left my old ways and started new. everything. nothing was the same about me, i wanted to let go of this image of "who i was". i was reading books about self experience, freeing your mind, and i was also doing things for myself i had never done.i walked into the dark.the minute you walk into the dark you feel scared, alone, helpless.but what you don't know is that in the dark, there's a light waiting to be found.you have to find that light.i cant' find it for you, your family can't find it for you, no one but yourself can find it for you.you have to be willing to look at yourself and begin to love who you are.when you can love yourself you can love everyone else and you can live with what other people say, how they judge you, and how they live because you have unconditional acceptance and love towards others. (and it started from feeling that for yourself)all your life, people are going to judge you, love them anyway.all your life, people are going to hate you, love them anyway.all your life, people are going to try and tell you that you aren't doing the right thing, but in reality: who can prove what's right and what's wrong? love them anyway.by loving yourself, you can love your dreadlocks, and you can love others even if they don't love them.you are who you are, you have to know in your heart and soul that no situation or judgment can make you something other than your true essence.judgment may be annoying, but there are many people out there willing to love and accept you.never ever believe that there aren't.remember, when you walk into the dark, you see the light.good look on your dreadies!namaste!
O'Callaghan
@ocallaghan
14 years ago
57 posts
Everyone has their own opinions and misconceptions about pretty much everything. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and feelings. If they want to take it to such an extreme that they will make you feel miserable about wearing your hair a certain way, probably not worth keeping them around.I am a girl, I'm caucasian, I have dreadlocks, but by no means are these the most important facts about me. My friends and family understand that. I've been lucky so far, the reactions I get from the people closest to me are either positive or neutral, like oh, you got dreadlocks. lol They don't have to like your dreadlocks. They don't have to understand your dreadlocks. You're still you. The people who love you should get that. Don't fret, lady :DPeople will judge you on far more than your hair in your lifetime, don't let it get to you. As long as you do what feels best for you, you're on the right path :D Much love!
Julia Katherine Freitas
@julia-katherine-freitas
14 years ago
28 posts
Thank you guys! You guys are so encouraging! <3
Julia Katherine Freitas
@julia-katherine-freitas
14 years ago
28 posts
It be crazy! I am going to do it. I just think people are being, like you said, ignorant.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
yaywe all support u and cant wait to see em

Julia Katherine Freitas said:
It be crazy! I am going to do it. I just think people are being, like you said, ignorant.

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

/ 5

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form