Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

significance of money and why i loathe the summer

lino sanchez
@lino-sanchez
14 years ago
27 posts
so now that it's summer, and i'm gonna be graduating highschool in a week, I basically start adulthood to some large extent. my father is constantly pressuring me on building a future, but this isn't really new, as he's always been doing this. but the thing is, I really don't know what I want to do! Look, I know money is important, I know you need it, I really don't want to get into that, but this whole desire to be rich and make a ton of money?? I'm not trying to denounce people at all who want to be rich, thats fine, but me personally, it just doesn't appeal to me. yes, i know i sound like just some broken record punk kid who thinks he knows everything, but shit! What the hell would I get out of being rich? I think cars are lame for one, so why would I want a super fancy one? And a huge house? personally, if your loved your loved, if your lonenly your lonely. I don't see how having a big house will change that. and do I really need a new iphone or ipad?? All I really want right now is to just enjoy life, learn, grow, and spend time with my family. as well as
updated by @lino-sanchez: 02/09/18 05:20:10AM
lino sanchez
@lino-sanchez
14 years ago
27 posts
maybe making new friends along the way. but shit!!! Isn't college going to all be about making a future?? like, my dad is telling me he wants me to go business school, and keeps asking me why I can't be like the highschool students he's always seeing who make tons of money sellings stuff on the internet or making their own businesses. pleassee I don't need another "you have to do what you want", I know that, it's just that I just don't think I could get myself to do any of that stuff! It scares me how unnapealing any of that sounds. So what does this mean? I'm going to be a manual labor man making minimum wage? And now that it's summer, I feel I have to make some sort of decision. I feel incredibly indifferent about graduating. while most are excited, and happy that it's summer, i've basically been loathing this time all year. what the hell am i going to do with myself for 3 months?? I want to make something of my summer, seeing that my past summers have just been terrible. In a way I even fear summer, as I know it will be a brick wall confrontation with myself, and dire questioning of my own aspirations. you guys happy about the summer? how did u feel about summer vacation after graduating?
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
dude get your ass yo the gathering thats all i gotta say its what u needas for life careers all that garbage screw your dad and all his pressure do u know how many suicides ive seen in my life from dads like that putting too much pressure on kids to succeed?just tell him fuck off youll do what u do that makes u happy and u dont need to be a 16 year old billionaire to be worthwhileyour lifes worth more if you love it then if u lose it in the pursuit of wealthafter the gathering find a nice lil cozy job iu enjoy move away and live youir life on your terms

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
GreyGargoyle
@greygargoyle
14 years ago
569 posts
1. Money isn't as important as you think. It's great to have money but it's not absolutely necessary. But it is better if you have a decent amount of back up money just in case.2. Cars used to be kool...that was before they were EVERYWHERE and gas costs soo much. Owning a car isn't even worth it these days.3. A house, small houses are cozy. I love small little trailers.4. You don't need a new iwhatever the hell. Just buy a cheap cell.5. College is overrated and super expensive and who wants to go to school for more than they have to? I see tons of college kids working at the same job that I have and I only have a GED. So college isn't as good as it used to be.6. Just do something fun with your life, man. Get to know some down to earth people and go travel or something.7. Manual labor can be fun and minimum wage isn't that bad if you're good at saving.8. I didn't graduate and after I got my GED all I did was be lazy, hang out with my best friend and looked for a job later on.
Aurora Borealis
@aurora-borealis
14 years ago
34 posts
go into the forest and sleep there for three nights. then you'll know! i promise!
Cavewoman
@cavewoman
14 years ago
165 posts
I just gotta tell ya dude, the same kind thing was happening and is still happening for me. Im finishing up my second semester of community college and it feels like a joke to me. My dad also wants me to at least get a business degree and it feels like there aren't any careers out there that would totally make me happy except lazy artist living in the wild. School just seems to be pointless, why have to keep on being told what you can and cant learn to be "successful" when you've already been doing that your whole life?College should be a time of exploration into the things that haven't been said and resaid and resaid again throughout your whole life of school. It's a time when you can really discover things you didn't know were out there. But it doesn't always feel that way. As much as I want to get an AA and a BA just because i know you need that stupid ish in our society (so they say) I really wish i didn't have to go to school, or that i wasn't expected to.Don't get me wrong, when i get to choose classes like world religion, native american studies, women studies, and stuff like that, i really enjoy classes, but you can't just take those and expect to just get a degree, oh no, you have to take all the stupid stuff again, math, and english, and a science.But i would agree with the last comment. being surrounded by nature for a more then just a day really does help you meditate on important things i guess.I'd say, enjoy your summer, really go out and do alot of stuff you want to do. At least do a little school, even if it's not the stuff your dad wants you to do you're still going, it's still on your record, and hey, you'll probably enjoy some of them. But don't stress about it too much.BE GLAD YOU DONT HAVE TO DEAL WITH THE HIGH SCHOOL BS ANYMORE!!!
Jammin' Jay
@jammin-jay
14 years ago
30 posts
You sound like someone that should travel the world on foot with all of your belongings in your back pack. you need to either read or watch the movie, Into the Wild. I think that his story may inspire you. And you don't sound like a broken record of a punk kid. I think that alot of people think this way, and to some extent it makes us more enlightened than the majority. Keep carrying the fire!~Love~JaimeeP.S. Spend your summer enjoying nature everyday, and read some books.
GreyGargoyle
@greygargoyle
14 years ago
569 posts
Listen to herrrr! Jammin' Jay said:
You sound like someone that should travel the world on foot with all of your belongings in your back pack. you need to either read or watch the movie, Into the Wild. I think that his story may inspire you. And you don't sound like a broken record of a punk kid. I think that alot of people think this way, and to some extent it makes us more enlightened than the majority. Keep carrying the fire!
~Love~
Jaimee
P.S. Spend your summer enjoying nature everyday, and read some books.
Jake Holland
@jake-holland
14 years ago
203 posts
I love the fact that I have a career.. Just because you have a decent job, it doesn't have to drag you down. Work or no work your still the same person.
Emily
@emily
14 years ago
203 posts
im graduating on friday and i kinda feel the same way about college. i love summer tho cuz i get to sleep in every day and just do whatever. i dont know what i wanna do after college either, lately i just feel like i dont wanna do anything lol. so i dont want to waste a bunch of time and money there. im thinking about taking a year off but my parents would freak at the idea so we'll see how that goes...i try not to think about it, it stresses me right out.
updated by @emily: 07/13/15 01:31:46PM
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form