Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums
Iain
@iain
14 years ago
844 posts
you could so easily T&R your hair like that.definitely no need for a salon, maybe a friend to help with the back,I was crossing my fingers hoping this wasn't another lil wayne dreadlock picture, lol
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
defenitely no salon!!!!! salons are a disastersalon dreads usualy get started over in under 3 monts\ok u can easily go natural or twist n rip to get tat lookwouldnt backcombjust if u go natural rip into smaller sectionsand well parts dreads dont really ave parts gewneraly due to iregulkaqr secioning teres no clear line to part at tey tend to just lay any ol way tey want

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
sadangel777
@sadangel777
14 years ago
68 posts
I agree; I think you could easily achieve the dreads you want. As far as the methods go, it is better to examine all of them and pick the one that works best for you. If you know someone who has dreads, they could also help you with that.I have 1 dread with the rest of my hair "normal" because I am trying to start a career, but my friend has had an awesome set of them for years now and she helped me start my little dready. When I tried to do it myself, I did the twist n rip method, and it turned back into normal hair except for one knot close to my scalp. My friend did a gentle backcomb on it, and then she palmrolled it a little and wrapped it in hemp - I left the hemp on for several weeks, and I just unwrapped it the other day and it is AwEsOmE!!!Good luck with your dreads; let us know what you decide and how it goes!!!Bonnie
Ivan
@ivan
14 years ago
88 posts
salons are baaad! twist and rip all the way, no wax!
Vinny
@vinny
14 years ago
82 posts
awesome. If thats the way you want them to look your gonna have a smooth ride. Most people want "perfect" smooth and frizzless dreads, "pretty boy" dreadlocks ya know? You can really do em anyway you want, just dont use wax bro. If your patient and without vanity you can take the natural route. Or if thats not for you, you can Twist N' Rip (this sounds waaaay worse than it actual is) or you can backcomb.I did my first set by backcombing, and thats the way I'm doing my second set too. Backcombing can be painful when someone else does it so i suggest you do it yourself. backcombing just takes time and patience, if you try to rush through it your gonna rip your hair out and end up with a bad backcombing job.dont go to a salon. They wont take the time to do your hair properly. It took me over 10 hours, do you think they'll spend 10 hours on anyone? and with backcombing or TnR you can section the hair before you "dread" it, so you can control where your hair will part.
GoldenEagle
@goldeneagle
14 years ago
393 posts
As long as you have hair, you can let your hair turn into dread locks.If the brush/comb/hair pick were never invented everyone would have dread locks.Regardless of what method you choose to begin the dreading process all dread locks require time to mature and they usually look worse before they are "mature." (IE: Expect any of the following: Loops, kinks, frizz, loose hair all of the place/along individual dreads, and/or partially unravelled dreads.)I read a post from SoaringEagle that stated we stop looking at our dreads in the mirror but rather at our shadow.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
yes thats true i look at my shadow to tell if a dreads sticking out weird or if scalp frizz or loose airs are too out of control (ten just smooth down with my and or reartange a dread to hold emj down)if i look in te mirroe its typicaly only once or twice a year sometimes less (unless like i get someting in my eye or something that requires looking in a mirror.. but to just see how me or my dreads lkook i just dont botherbut ten again when mine started the nearest mirror was probably a 2 hour drive away...being on a montaintop far from a mirror u just gotta learn to trusty in nature

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Aurora Borealis
@aurora-borealis
14 years ago
34 posts
don't brush your hair, don't straighten it, don't dye it, just take it easy and your dreads will happen on their own. natural is the best way. (:
Aurora Borealis
@aurora-borealis
14 years ago
34 posts
that's riiiiiight (: soaringeagle said:
yes thats true i look at my shadow to tell if a dreads sticking out weird or if scalp frizz or loose airs are too out of control (ten just smooth down with my and or reartange a dread to hold emj down)
if i look in te mirroe its typicaly only once or twice a year sometimes less (unless like i get someting in my eye or something that requires looking in a mirror.. but to just see how me or my dreads lkook i just dont bother

but ten again when mine started the nearest mirror was probably a 2 hour drive away...being on a montaintop far from a mirror u just gotta learn to trusty in nature
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form