Like this page? Then share it!
Dreadlocks Site Highly Recommends dreadlockshampoo.com

Dreadlocks site's servers are partialy funded by mining BTC on hashflare
any additional profits are donated to Fredoms Wings International Soaring for people with disabilities

Dreadlocks Forums

Cold head,Warm heart :)

dannylou
@dannylou
8 years ago
21 posts

I live in abigold VERYdrafty house and my only heat source is a wood stove .Sometimes its very challenging to get my house warm enough so that after I wash my hair my dreads don't take tooo long to dry. Does anyone have any tips on helping your dreads dry faster without blow drying them?

peace&love

updated by @dannylou: 02/14/15 03:27:32AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
8 years ago
28,409 posts
shake em squeeze em wring em i sometimes if i wash late in day b4 besd put someting besides or above the beds to drape em over like a drying wrackoh airflow a fan even if iot makes u colder..i also "fluff em" meaning rearange em alot so dsamper ones asre more exposed to air

--
27 years growing dreadlocks the natural way
My dreads are over 9 feet long
Vinny
@vinny
8 years ago
82 posts
I heard that a sham wow will make dread drying super easy. never used one myself but it makes total sense.
j.boy
@jboy
8 years ago
47 posts
sham wow...that could work...Vinny said:
I heard that a sham wow will make dread drying super easy. never used one myself but it makes total sense.
brooke blinebry
@brooke-blinebry
8 years ago
13 posts
kind of...its a special fiber cloth that pulls liquid up without alot of effort...they sell it as a kitchen towel on tv or probability in corporate stores like walgreens and walmart by now. I bet it would work quite well.
Iain
@iain
8 years ago
844 posts
Actually remember someone with locks giving some good feedback on the shammwow, only problem is finding a good enough size one.
dannylou
@dannylou
8 years ago
21 posts
thats awsome! i never thought of that! i was a spring board diver and we used towles like the shammwow only we called them shammies (and they were tye dye, my coach dyed them himself ) but they were used because you couldnt be super wet going up on the board. so it really makes sense! i dont think though it matters how big they are because you could just ring them out. thanks folks i think i have my solution! peace&love
☮Izzy-licious☮
@izzy-licious
8 years ago
183 posts
Just bought me some Shamwows at walmart :D Can't wait to try em out :D
Melanie2
@melanie2
8 years ago
99 posts
In the Uk we call them microfibre cloths/towels. I've watched the diving on tv and noticed that they they have those tiny little towels to dry off the excess. I prefer a big beach towel myself as I'm usually cold when i get out of the pool/sea.
dannylou
@dannylou
8 years ago
21 posts
they work amazing for me man love washin my hair now :)Peter Hollingshead said:
so did they work any better than a normal towel?

Izzy-licious said:
Just bought me some Shamwows at walmart :D Can't wait to try em out :D
 / 2

Dislike 0

Share This

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
Contact Form